Shot.

chipbuttee

Reaction score
I have reordered some standard shot *Dinsmores in the known recognisable usual sizes from SSG, AAA,BB down etc then decided I could do with a few floats especially in my case for tench/crucian carp fishing so I looked online and put in tench/crucian carp floats. What came up was a number of sellers on eBay selling hand made floats not cheap you would certainly not want to loose one!. But they are all hand made after all I thought. Found some at a price I was prepared to pay as an experiment to see what a couple were like then looked into ordering the right cocking weights for my use. Dismay some float weights were given in :rolleyes: grams!, some float weights not given at all, my shot is not in grams! have to find a conversion chart. Only one seller gave weights for *shotting as recognisable guess who I purchased from! frankly I did not want to dos about checking conversion charts.
The floats have arrived and to be fair well made and presented.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you want to know the exact weight the float takes before going fishing (which can be done on the bank in a few moments anyhow) Just put the float on a piece of line at home, add shot in the sizes you want to use until you get the desired amount of tip showing. You can do this in a tall glass or similar. I actually siliconed a piece of coloured but see through rod tube to a old roof tile for that purpose.

Reaction score
If you bought individual tubs of shot they normally say how many grams each shot weighs,a compendium however does not.

rayner

Reaction score
Weigh our shot if your scales can manage grams, my wife kitchen scales do.
If not google will know it takes a minute. Or use the method tigger says that too takes a minute.
Or post them to me I'll do it for you, put stamps in the envelope for the return postage and all will be peachy.
Loads of options there pick one that suits you best.