Shotting in winter

Twiddler

Reaction score
When fishing for Silvers in winter do you put your first shot further away from the hook or stay the same as summer.

Cheers.

wetthrough

Reaction score
Same as summer, about 9" not that it's necessarily the right way. That's a No10 with a 2mm bristle.

Alan Whitty

Reaction score
Nothing is written in stone,also pole,stick float and waggler all have different starting points,mainly due to baits used,depth being fished and the way you expect the fish targeted to feed,ie on the deck,on the drop etc...

Alan Whitty

Reaction score
Sadly Mike,that is a different story,after a year of discomfort,gall bladder removal,knee ligaments problems for 12 weeks plus during summer,my autistic son head butting my wife's shoulder more times than I could count,me getting in the way and copping a butt above the left eye the week before Xmas and leaving me covered in claret with a 40mm cut which needed superglueing,then after Xmas we all got the strep A bug which knocked the hell out of me,giving a severe sinus infection,strong antibiotics dealt with that,but the bug fought back and gave me tonsillitis,so at this moment I feel like a punch bag as well as look like one...🤣😂🤣

Last edited: