Sion Farm

rouse01

Reaction score
Fishing the main pool at Sion at the week-end could be likened to hunting 'U Boats' in the Second World War:eek: There is no respite from the constant explosions in the water as controller float follows controller float, follows large lead follows method feeder. Last time I moved to the back pool for some peace and quiet. The large carp are gone but there's a good head of roach rudd and bream. I was informed the roach exceed 3lb:rolleyes:

well thats always bin problem at sion,pegs r 2 close together & it gets rammed! most think what annoys me there is if im in island peg fishing off island,ill still get anglers 2 or 3 pegs down castin ova me,its not really well run 2 b honest,u got people catchin big carp & they dont even use unhookin mats,& i couldnt believe what r saw yesterday,i guy waz catchin quite a few carp & instead of returnin them 2 water properly ,he waz throwin them from top of bank bk in,& if uve bin 2 sion farm u will know the banks r steep,no wonder

---------- Post added at 10:14 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

Fishing the main pool at Sion at the week-end could be likened to hunting 'U Boats' in the Second World War:eek: There is no respite from the constant explosions in the water as controller float follows controller float, follows large lead follows method feeder. Last time I moved to the back pool for some peace and quiet. The large carp are gone but there's a good head of roach rudd and bream. I was informed the roach exceed 3lb:rolleyes:

message continued all carp are badly damaged,the owner doesnt seem 2 b bothered 1nce he's ad money,he shud b round checkin ur hooks & making sure carpers ave a unhookin mats,& are returnin the fish properly...i erd aswell when they ad fish kill he didnt even dispose of fish properly,he jus threw them in the bushes,is there even a net dip there anymore....waz goin 2 fish the backpool but there waz contest on whole pool & most of big pool.....like the backpool because sum dayz u will ave whole pool 2 yourself,cus a lot of carpers

---------- Post added at 10:18 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

think theres only small carp,but they actually go 2 high 20's,my biggest out there is 17pd but ive seen a guy ave a 26pdr....as 4 the roach ,ive ad them 2 round the 2pd mark,not seen any bigger come out,i know there sum monster perch 2 around bout 4pd seen the photos,theres also a few tench

Last edited:

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
QUOTE-Rouse01
"is there even a net dip there anymore....waz goin 2 fish the backpool but there waz contest on whole pool & most of big pool.....like the backpool because sum dayz u will ave whole pool 2 yourself,cus a lot of carpers think theres only small carp,but they actually go 2 high 20's,my biggest out there is 17pd but ive seen a guy ave a 26pdr....as 4 the roach ,ive ad them 2 round the 2pd mark,not seen any bigger come out,i know there sum monster perch 2 around bout 4pd seen the photos,theres also a few tench"

Best time to go is when it's P*****G down, the beer and weed guys don't like the rain and you may get some decent fishing. I agree about the numbers of damaged fish but like you say, the owner doesn't seem too bothered. I'll probably wait til the weather gets cooler and try for the roach or some of those perch

fruitowl

Reaction score
have been looking to fish sion farm 2moz but after reading the posts think may give it a miss it seems a lot of these farm fisheries don't really look after the fish more the pity.
need to look elsewhere :(

rouse01

Reaction score
have been looking to fish sion farm 2moz but after reading the posts think may give it a miss it seems a lot of these farm fisheries don't really look after the fish more the pity.
need to look elsewhere :(

been nearly a year since my last post on sion farm & not much has changed there....i decided 2 do a session there few weeks ago,its not being looked after by owner,its all overgrown,i wouldn't even bother with the big pool after fish kill,still alot of fish but there in bad condition....i fished the small pool at the back where there waz no fish kill,& where all the big carp now are,i waz speaking 2 angler there who reckons he saw 4 20's come out last year 2 26pd....ive also seen 20's come out & have caught them 2 18pd out there,so anyway i fished bk pool on boilies off island,had 4 carp out 2 8pd not a gr8 day but ok,had the usual problems people casting ova ya on island....but every carp waz immaculate & there waz guy on biscuit down bottom off lake he had 10-12 carp why i waz there,sum looked like high doubles...so if ur gonna go sion,this time of year carp r feedin up in water so best thing 2 do go down with 1 rod & bag of biscuits & find a quiet spot on the bk pool ,maybe bottom corner where nobody go's & u will do alrite!

B

Berty

What is this fixation we all have with bloody carp crammed into small pools????? horrible fishing!!

I dont know about now but to me the best fish to come out of Sion were the big perch (3lb+) i had years ago.

rouse01

Reaction score
What is this fixation we all have with bloody carp crammed into small pools????? horrible fishing!!

I dont know about now but to me the best fish to come out of Sion were the big perch (3lb+) i had years ago.

no fixation with carp being crammed in2 small pools,just sayin the bigger fish r in the small pool

B

Berty

no fixation with carp being crammed in2 small pools,just sayin the bigger fish r in the small pool

I know mate, wasn't aiming it at you. I love carp as much as any fish in the right situation, i just prefered it when they were fewer.

rouse01

Reaction score
I know mate, wasn't aiming it at you. I love carp as much as any fish in the right situation, i just prefered it when they were fewer.

yh i know what ur sayin....the fewer is better anyway,cus then the carp will grow bigger cus they aint gotta compete with other carp 4 food!