Sion Farm

maver man

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Do any of you lot fish this venue if so can you give me a little info on it i.e. best baits for carp and silvers, if they have a e.a. bailiff or if any one checks you tackle and bait and also what is the best method for both carp and silvers?

Thanks.

Regards,
Adam.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Don't you swear at me young man!;)
The more information you give, the easier it is for us to help you. So - do you mean Elmbridge in Surrey?

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
I think Sion Farm is pole only isnt it?

I would go for the roach with a light hooklength and use caster as bait or chopped worm or even small pellets.

The carp should respond well to bigger pellet or corn at this time of year and I would use the strongest elastic youve got and a lower breaking strain hook length, fish as close to the island as you can and keep the feed going in every few minutes.

if the rules have changed and anglers are now allowed to use rods then I would chuck a small method feeder out to the islands, keep the casting as accurate as you can and just enjoy what you catch.

maver man

Reaction score
Cheers trev i might give it a bash next week as its the school hols :D

Sorry geoff i just assumed people from the west midlands area would of heard or fishes sion farm.

Regards,
Adam.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
West Midlands? They all wear kilts and snowshoes and live in igloos up there don't they?

All together now "Em-aybe it's a big horse I'm a Lunduner..."

Day Breamer

Reaction score
I live 15 mins from Sion farm Nr Halesowen, if thats where you mean.

I have not been to the lake in about 6 months so i dont know whats happening lately.

Its not pole only tho, theres some very very big Carp in there...

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Well i do know you have to drive right past the owners house and they know exactly who is coming and going, but last i knew the owner was quite lax in what goes, despite a few signs saying 'No this' or 'No that' alot of other anglers have usually said how the owner dont really mind so long as you dont take the mickey and start fires or leave litter etc.

It only takes one nutter to spoil it for everyone tho, and like i say its been 6 months since i was last there so i dont know what its like right now.

maver man

Reaction score
" if they have a e.a. bailiff or if any one checks" Thats a strange question to ask???

I know it is but i like to use hemp when fishing and in some places your not a loud to use it plus.

Well i do know you have to drive right past the owners house and they know exactly who is coming and going, but last i knew the owner was quite lax in what goes, despite a few signs saying 'No this' or 'No that' alot of other anglers have usually said how the owner dont really mind so long as you dont take the mickey and start fires or leave litter etc.

It only takes one nutter to spoil it for everyone tho, and like i say its been 6 months since i was last there so i dont know what its like right now.
Thanks matey.
have you happened to of fished willows marsh its not far from sion?

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Hiya, i havnt been to Willow Marsh funnily enough, but yea its quite close, to be honest with you i just mainly fish for Bream and Tench, so its those kind of venues that attract me most.

That said i do know of most places in the area, and from most people i talk to the name Sion always crops up in conversations, far more than most other venues in the area.

maver man

Reaction score
Really.
I fished Willows once with my granddads cousin wasnt fishing to good tho i had 2 carp n lost 1 near the net :( :eek: no one else was catching really only the odd carp hear and there one old guy didnt even catch all day :eek:
I love tench and bream elmbridge is good for silvers on had 1 bronze from there mainly on pellet and corn fished over pellet, corn, maggot and caster.
Which venues do you favour for tench and bream.

Adam.

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Im a member of a lake down south, holds big Bream but its quite some way so i dont get there as often as i'd like.

They go to a reported 13lb there, but ive only had them to 8.3

I wish there was a more local place to Brum that had 10lb + Bream in it (maybe there is?)
I know of Maver Larford but not tried it, it sounded a bit too comercial for me and too busy and too many rules etc.

rouse01

Reaction score
fishing sion farm 2moy,use 2 fish it regular,use 2 b sum big carp goin 2 over 35pd,but 2 years ago they had a big fish kill,rumoured they lost all the big fish...i fished it last year,pva bags off island,& had 9carp only 2 12pd.....back in the day use 2 ave over 300pd+ carp in a day.....best baits are dog biscuit on the top,pellets,luncheon meat,corn the usual,dont recommend usin the pole....anyway fishin it 2moy,ill let u guys know how i get on!

rouse01

Reaction score
went sion 2day,waz pva baggin pellet off island in mornin ad 1bream,noticed lot of anglers were catchin off top,so on afternoon got controller & dog biscuit out,ad 7 carp & lost 3,biggest waz 12pd,smallest waz 8.....if u want big bream & tench maver man,try stuarts pool at shatterford its pleasure fishing pool,bream & tench meant 2 go 2 double figures & theres also golden tench & koi carp in there!

itsfishingnotcatching

Reaction score
went sion 2day,waz pva baggin pellet off island in mornin ad 1bream,noticed lot of anglers were catchin off top,so on afternoon got controller & dog biscuit out,ad 7 carp & lost 3,biggest waz 12pd,smallest waz 8.....if u want big bream & tench maver man,try stuarts pool at shatterford its pleasure fishing pool,bream & tench meant 2 go 2 double figures & theres also golden tench & koi carp in there!

Fishing the main pool at Sion at the week-end could be likened to hunting 'U Boats' in the Second World War:eek: There is no respite from the constant explosions in the water as controller float follows controller float, follows large lead follows method feeder. Last time I moved to the back pool for some peace and quiet. The large carp are gone but there's a good head of roach rudd and bream. I was informed the roach exceed 3lb:rolleyes: