smelly baits

rayner

Reaction score
The worm juice positively stunk and was very important in our mix. We sat alone in the pub because of the smell of the juice. My wife would not let me into the house without the usual argument even though I went straight into the shower.

@Clive

Reaction score
The worm juice positively stunk and was very important in our mix. We sat alone in the pub because of the smell of the juice. My wife would not let me into the house without the usual argument even though I went straight into the shower.
I have used it. When I set up a wormery in the basement I put a small plastic tap at the bottom of a 60 litre plastic box, added a couple of inches of broken roof tiles then put straw, manure and soil on top of the tiles. I could drain off the worm juice as and when. I didn't get any better results than when using wormery soil, the stuff you find lots of worms congregating in. I have a large butcher's knife that I use to cut into mole tunnels. I used that to chop up some of the worms up then made bitsa worm laden soil balls that could be thrown in or packed inside a feeder.