Smile Please

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
Why is it that so many anglers holding fish for the Camera don't Smile.

I might sometimes struggle with a picture if I'm taking a self take, but for most of the time I try to smile :)

Why it that so many Carp and Barbel Angler, don't seem very happy with their captures :(

I have heard it said, it's about the fish, not me :confused:

But if thats the case, why not take a photo of the fish on the mat :wh

Bob

Steve Pope

Reaction score
Hi Bob,

Couldn't agree with you more!

If fishing doesn't make you happy then something's wrong, costs nothing and makes the world a more pleasant place.

Making my favourite music analogy, The Boss is always smiling when he plays and thats infectious, frowning is so yesterday!

All the best.

beerweasel

Reaction score
They are trying to look professional, if they smile it might look like an accidental
capture.
Personally I prefer to take a "classic" photo of just the fish in the net with rod and reel.
A bit sad really.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I just love the; 'Im not interested, kind of bored, do this all the time' look that you see on anglers faces when holding a specimen size fish.

It always amazes me how they can stay up all night, in the same clothes and then as if by a miracle, look clean and pressed in a sponsor's T shirt just in time for the picture . . . . . . .

Yeah, right!

dannytaylor

Reaction score
I try to smile as catching fish makes me happy, sometimes a really big fish can "blow you away" looking in awe face :D

There is a flipside to this though some anglers in the magazines can look a bit crazy with there big cheesy grins.

Bob Hornegold

Reaction score
I try to smile as catching fish makes me happy, sometimes a really big fish can "blow you away" looking in awe face :D

There is a flipside to this though some anglers in the magazines can look a bit crazy with there big cheesy grins.

And Crazy Red Eye's :)

MarkTheSpark

Reaction score
On this subject, I was once at a fly fishing competition when a man who'd been banned from one trout fishery earlier that year for having a pocketful of Cheddar won the individual's trophy.

During the presentation, he was called to collect his prize and, as he accepted the trophy, some wag at the back yelled: "Say cheese!"

Laugh? I nearly bought a round....

experty

Reaction score

There is always a difference between magazine and real life.

pellethead15

Reaction score
most of the kids smile in the angling times pics page,i like to see anglers smiling,although the lay down in the grass with fish pose is just weird lol.