So who has fished a river in the close season?

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Fred

Like so many before, and no doubt in the future, some make a big song and dance about not posting or leaving certain websites/forums.

Never understood the mentality of it. If you don't want to post anymore then it's simple DON'T POST, if you want to leave then just LEAVE.

Paul has left/returned to so many forums it has all the hallmarks of the boy who cried wolf. Any wonder when he "threatens to leave" yet again that he is treated by some with derission and laughter.

I would also add that the "some" appear to be the majority both on here and elsewhere.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So what if he does, I bet some(no names no pack drill) have kept a list of everytime he's written it too.
Like me he probably thinks, why should I let the plebs get to me with their inane attempts at point scoring.

Out of spite perhaps he comes back on to add his gems of wisdom ?

Judas Priest

Reaction score
Out of spite perhaps he comes back on to add his gems of wisdom ?

or perhaps he craves the audience shouting "don't go don't leave us now".

You do appear to be in an audience of one shouting that at the moment though.

Bluenose

Reaction score
Any chance of a bit of “Stille Nacht” or what please lads?

Can we not, for once, just forget our differences and accept the fact that we're all just cranks who post on an internet message board about fishing?

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I used to fish for eels on the Lower Thames in the close season, with some success. My word those eels gave a good account of themselves, especially at night. Stepped up MKIVs and Surfcasts with sprats or several lobworms as bait. We popped them in a sack overnight and unhooked and released them at dawn.

Also tried spinners for Thames trout but never caught one........

Oh by the way, Happy Christmas Paul and indeed everyone!

Regards

Hugo

We used to avoide the Thames trout like the plague when we were kids on the lower thames but in those days they were not fish.

chrisfromthevalley

Reaction score
only for trout, all legal, however back in the day of a closed season on stillwaters, one very hot Easter, i think 83,i decided to fish a local pond, it was surrounded by woods and i hid myself in a very tight swim, i had some Rudd, went home, on the way home, rod under my arm, i had a 6ft Woolworth job then, omni reel, some bloke in a lorry shouted at me, i hope you haven't been fishing lad!!!!
can you imagine that now.:eek:

Last edited:

tiinker

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I started my fly fishing by buying a fly outfit a Sealy Glane 7 fly rod a Interpid gear fly reel which I still have and a 7Weight scientific anglers WF FLY LINE 1969 I think and of course a trout licence which was a seperate item in those days the small river I fished did have a few trout in it but it had a very good head of chub so from April the 1st Iwould fish for the trout and blank every time but have some great chub fishing. I would not do it today but then it was a almost uncontrolable urge.