"spending more time at home"
or
"what do i put first fishing or me"
please help

si

G

Goose Ganderton

Hi Simon
now realy mate you should have laid down the ground rules when you first met.
I told my girlfriend,now my wife that I have two passions in life, Her and fishing. I told her that they are of equal importance and that she should never make me chose between them as she might not get the result she wanted.

You could always get her to go with you and give her a rod. You never know she might just take to it.

A

Andy Thatcher

Goose has it partially right as regards setting expectations but beware about giving her a fishing rod. I have been lucky in that she whom should be obeyed is not interested in fishing but a mate has a girlfriend that has been fishing now for 3 years and has PB bettering all his bar gudgeon !

J

john conway

Simon just keep asking her how to do things around the house but never quite understand what she’s telling you. Boil her best dress in the washing machine and say you were only trying to help. When you go shopping never get everything and always buy the most expensive brand. By the end of the month she’ll be so glad to get you out of the house. However, keep an eye on your non-fishing mates?

P

Peter Morton

SIMON

Very dodgy situation this!Very helpful if she has a job where she has to work weekends,especially if it is paid as overtime.I find it also helps if you offer to drop her off at work,it might cost you a takeaway in the evening,but worth every penny.

On no account take her with you or as andy says she will soon beat all your PB's(something to do with pheremones so they tell me)and you will end up as a laughing stock.

Failing this,join a monastery with a nice lake in the grounds.

K

Kevan Farmer

Nah, take her with you. It's the best thing I ever did. You should have seen my wife's face the other when I caught my pb perch, it was a picture. To think that 4 months ago we were nearly divorced and now she goes fishing with me.........great stuff.

C

Chris Bishop

Spot-on Kevan - did the same in December and Mrs now loves the fishing and all the banter with the lads etc that goes with it.

Women seem to take to piking for some reason - there are several female anglers up here and good for them.

S

Simon Final

thanks lads think ill try to annoy her till she throws me out
happy fishing
think of me wont ya
si

S

Stewart Bloor

My wife told me, if I go fishing once more she's leaving me...shame really, 'cus Mrs Sedge made a good chub paste...hahahahaha

G

Gary Knowles

Sedge,

If its that good how come the chub don't seem to like it...

K

Kevan Farmer

How was that Stewart? Were you slowly chopping bits off her and using that???? *grin* Now I know I remember something about female pubic hair being good for tying flies with but chub paste......hmmmm

J

john conway

It’s the hair from a horses tail that used to be used in fly fishing, but don’t use the hair from a mares tail, it’s the way they pee that does it?

C

Carp Angler

That was the fly called the "Hairy Mary" as I remember.

A friends wife always used to come out on sea boat trips with us, if we caught 10 fish each, she would catch 2, but they would be the biggest by a long chalk.

We brought in the ?1 for the most fish bet, after she walked away the biggest one every time.