Somebody trying to have our pants down?

The bad one

Reaction score
Reported 4 days ago? The guy's in a T-shirt and the trees are in full Green leaf. Did London have a heatwave when the whole country was shivering with cold winds and low temperatures? May be the guy's an Eskimo and doesn't feel the cold? But how does he explain the full green leaf on the trees. Oh I know, London had a different climate to the rest of the UK! Well according to many that live there it has most things better than the rest of the UK..................Bollocks it does!
Just has more bullshitters than the rest of the country.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Reported 4 days ago? The guy's in a T-shirt and the trees are in full Green leaf. Did London have a heatwave when the whole country was shivering with cold winds and low temperatures? May be the guy's an Eskimo and doesn't feel the cold? But how does he explain the full green leaf on the trees. Oh I know, London had a different climate to the rest of the UK! Well according to many that live there it has most things better than the rest of the UK..................Bollocks it does!
Just has more bullshitters than the rest of the country.

I don’t know if this is a recent photograph or not. This is the river Itchen, which is near Southampton. As you can see there were plenty of leaves on the trees when I took this picture and this was less than three weeks ago, as you can see from the metadata.

I live in London and to my knowledge we haven’t had a frost yet, it’s been unseasonably warm. At least there isn’t a f@&£!@g power station or fence in the background for us to argue over for what seemed like several years, lol.

33f9bb689ab3013175876c32df396d93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullet

Reaction score
Ok, so the article appeared 4 days ago, and the suggestion is that it is a recent capture, but it doesnt actually say.
Hell of a Chub.

The bad one

Reaction score
I don’t know if this is a recent photograph or not. This is the river Itchen, which is near Southampton. As you can see there were plenty of leaves on the trees when I took this picture and this was less than three weeks ago, as you can see from the metadata.

I live in London and to my knowledge we haven’t had a frost yet, it’s been unseasonably warm. At least there isn’t a f@&£!@g power station or fence in the background for us to argue over for what seemed like several years, lol.

33f9bb689ab3013175876c32df396d93.jpg

You picture shows leaves that are clearly autumn leaves that have lost the Chlorophyll along with conifers that don't lose their colour or chlorophyll. His are bright green, indicating Summer foliage.
Since the 20th Nov to Wed 24th the Temperatures for London were highs of 11C to 7C...... hardly T-shirt weather!
The point is why hold a photo back from publication until Mid November if you clearly had it in the summer? And HE DID. foliage and Artier Shows that. Unless of course you perhaps have ulterior motives for it?

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
You picture shows leaves that are clearly autumn leaves that have lost the Chlorophyll along with conifers that don't lose their colour or chlorophyll. His are bright green, indicating Summer foliage.
Since the 20th Nov to Wed 24th the Temperatures for London were highs of 11C to 7C...... hardly T-shirt weather!
The point is why hold a photo back from publication until Mid November if you clearly had it in the summer? And HE DID. foliage and Artier Shows that. Unless of course you perhaps have ulterior motives for it?

You could well be right, but In mitigation he is wearing a Woolley hat.

steve2

Reaction score
I don't know what it is like where you are but round here the postman are still wearing shorts.
My garden still as most of the summer flowers in bloom and the trees have only just started loosing their leaves.
We have had a couple of cold spell but not enough to start winter.
My Sons garden, he lives very close to the River Lea is the same still in flower. In fact only a week or so ago we were out walking his dog along the lea towpath wearing light weight summer clothes. It must be a bit warmer down south.

bullet

Reaction score
I suppose the Ulterior motive for not reporting at the time might have been not wanting a Circus to descend on his stretch?

john step

Reaction score
Its only in the last couple of days here in Lincs where we have had frost and snow. Up to then I have poppies, alyssum and marigolds in flower in the garden.

However I have noticed this phenonium of out of cinque photos in the past. Particularly with carp. If you catch a large carp and enter it for a shot at an award in the angling press in summer you compete with hoards of others. Submit the same photo in winter and you have cut down the competition odds by a huge degree.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: You have a knack of killing posts very dead Ray :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You ain't really a Scouser are you?

No, London born, London bred, thick in the arm and thick in the head.

If you Google the guy he has had some very nice fish. Blimey I sound like his stalker.

steve2

Reaction score
Shame that we can't just look at a angler and fish without looking for reasons to query it.
Photoshop editing went on in the past and most probably still goes on judging from some of the photos I have seen of fish I recognise from our club waters. Some of these carp have added 5lbs in a week

The bad one

Reaction score
I've not quired the fish it size, weight, etc I've quired the time of year it's been reported and why the need to hold such a photo back. Based on the evidence in the photos. Bright summer green trees. It don't happen in November and that Steve is ecological fact!

John Aston

Reaction score
Hold the front page - bloke reports fish a month or so after he caught it. I'm in shock, end of the world as we know it .

steve2

Reaction score
I've not quired the fish it size, weight, etc I've quired the time of year it's been reported and why the need to hold such a photo back. Based on the evidence in the photos. Bright summer green trees. It don't happen in November and that Steve is ecological fact!
You should have a look in my garden green leaves everywhere I look also on my walks plenty of trees still with green leaves. It just depends on the type of tree or bush. Can someone tell us what trees are in the back ground.
Bit like Martin Gay again.;)