Sonubaits one to one paste

hooferinsane

Reaction score
‘A perfect paste every time’
Hmmm, well not for me. Comes off the hook as soon as it touches the water with me, despite following instructions carefully. Tried a different flavour today and exactly the same problem. Does anyone else have problems? Or is it just me? Not sure if there is a cheap binder you could add, otherwise both packs will become additives for groundbait.

Last edited:

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Add some Cornflower,, or gelatine. Fish a light paste float with a long bristle No shot. Let the paste cock the float so at dead depth.bite will probably raise the bristle or it could just bury.
brilliant bait down the edge, big lumps on a 10 hook. Bigger hooks hold the paste on longer.

Last edited:

steve2

Reaction score
If you going to buy a paste kit why not make your own it simple and cheaper. Plain bread paste still works and you can add your own flavours.

fishcatcher60

Reaction score
just put a bit less water to it pal till you get the consistency you want .
Don't forget it takes a while for the powder to absorb all the water.

Keith M

Reaction score
Nowerdays I only use paste to wrap around my meat or pellets or boilees to provide a scent trail downstream leading back upstream to my hookbait; as it slowly disolves. Especially useful during the colder months.

Keith

rayner

Reaction score
I have never used the one to one so can not comment on that. If your paste is coming off perhaps try to be a little more careful when shipping out.
My own paste has a lot of water added but pastes made a little thicker still works, not quite so good in my opinion. I prefer a paste that breaks down in less than a couple of minutes, bites are pretty swift if fish are in your swim. If no bites apart from obvious little touches then the swim is probably infested with silvers so paste would not be right at that moment.