Source of Pro Gold line?

dicky123

Reaction score
Anyone know a source for Pro Gold in the lighter strains like 3.4 4.4. Rovers tackle are out of stock?

Cheers.

Rich.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know a source for Pro Gold in the lighter strains like 3.4 4.4. Rovers tackle are out of stock?

Cheers.

Rich.

I think the demand has dropped right off as people have moved on to better lines....daiwa sensor for example LOL.

Have you tried using bayer perlon, thats an old well reliable mono which floats well. It also mends well and is less prone to tangling than sensor.

Oh, forgot to say it's readily available also so no struggling to find it.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Looks like I may have had the last spool just a few days ago.

I was told that Eric of Birmingham Angling Centre may have stock 01213736627, never asked as Rovers came up trumps.

B

binka

If you have no joy in finding any Rich, I would give Terry Eustace a call on 0121 373 4523... I've spoken to him before and he's very helpful.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you have no joy in finding any Rich, I would give Terry Eustace a call on 0121 373 4523... I've spoken to him before and he's very helpful.

It was Terry that gave me the above info about Eric’s shop.

Keith M

Reaction score
I think the demand has dropped right off as people have moved on to better lines....daiwa sensor for example LOL

Now tigger don’t get too upset, just because there are so many anglers (who don’t need to worry about the cost of their lines quite as much as others) that actually prefer to use ‘Pro Gold’ instead of ‘Dire Sensor’.:):wh

I like many others out there have always preferred the properties of Pro Gold to Dire Sensor although I do very occasionally use DS if I am strapped for cash as Dire Sensor is after all not too bad a line compared to a lot of the other lines that are in the same price bracket :):wh

Keith

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now tigger don’t get too upset, just because there are so many anglers (who don’t need to worry about the cost of their lines as much as others) that actually prefer to use ‘Pro Gold’ instead of the more inexpensive ‘Dire Sensor’.:):wh

Keith

What makes you rhink I cant afford to buy pro gold, it aint exactly expensive?
Obviously there isn't much call for it as it seems no one stocks it?

Keith M

Reaction score
I knew you’d bite tigger :)

‘own’ and ‘medicine’ spring to mind :D

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I knew you’d bite tigger :)

‘own’ and ‘medicine’ springs to mind :D

Another couple of sayings that spring to mind are...

There's no fool like an old fool ....

And....

A fool and his money are easily parted ....

...now don't get upset Keith :).

Keith M

Reaction score
Another couple of sayings that spring to mind are...

There's no fool like an old fool ....

I didn’t know you were that old tigger ;)

and

A fool and his money are easily parted ...

As long as he is not a yorshire man Eh? :D

Only kidding tigger, got to do something to relieve my boredom until my rivers are back in form

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I didn’t know you were that old tigger ;)

As long as he is not a yorshire man Eh? :D

Only kidding tigger, got to do something to relieve my boredom until my rivers are back in form

Me, i'm a spring chicken :).

Last edited:

dicky123

Reaction score
Got both the spools I needed thanks guys. 4.4 and 3.4. I never tried it until Steve I think suggested it.
Well I managed to get some and loved its suppleness for trotting, float fishing waggler. Just me.
Sensor is amazing for the price, but I find it tangles/springy to easy.
I've been on Bayer Trigger, but again maybe I'm rough on lines, but found it fragile compared to the Gold. However I do like Bayer for hook links oddly. But I'm part crazy anyway in truth.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Got both the spools I needed thanks guys. 4.4 and 3.4. I never tried it until Steve I think suggested it.
Well I managed to get some and loved its suppleness for trotting, float fishing waggler. Just me.
Sensor is amazing for the price, but I find it tangles/springy to easy.
I've been on Bayer Trigger, but again maybe I'm rough on lines, but found it fragile compared to the Gold. However I do like Bayer for hook links oddly. But I'm part crazy anyway in truth.

You must be rough on em if your rougher than me! You are right about sensor regarding it being a bit prone to tangling compared to some other lines. It excells in so many other areas that I can live with that though :).
Have you tried silstar matchman for your hooklengths....it's very good. You could also use it as a mainline if you fancied it as one.
Another good hooklength is the prestons powerline. You might find those better for bottoms than bayer since it's much lower in diameter to power ratio.

Last edited:

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pro gold is mono.... the power pro in your link is braid.