Southern Fish In

W

Wolfman Woody

It's your call Tubs, you started it, but remember - these guys are very friendly, the best of mates UNLESS they don't catch any fish.

Believe me, I have been on the receiving end when only I and another chap caught. You can see a miasma rising from the tops of their heads as the anger builds up within them. That's the time to run.

C

Cakey

Tubs take us to your local runs water then if there are blanks you will know the water your swimming in !

tubs

Reaction score
Ok well I am looking for a venue at a commercial fishery! It would seem Bury Hill is out of the question. I have never fished Marsh Farm or Gold Valley but would like to give them a go! If not then there is Twynersh or the Old Mill Aldermaston! I will start to make enquiries and get back to you all!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Jeff, rumour has it that you did not actually catch that roach on the Thames Fish -in but that it was hiding in a clump of weed you hauled in?

tubs

Reaction score
Hellopeps! Sorry its been awhile for an update on this! I have been snowed under with work and Xmas etc!

Ok the score is that it seems most the commercial waters near me are ok for it as long as its not an over nighter. I was planning to do it some time in the spring so we get a few extra hours of light. Most the pits around here are closing between 1500-1600 at the moment.

I have got a few more to try and get hold of and see if they would be up for a big group of us and see if we can get a bit of a discount etc etc!!!!

In the mean time if any of ya have any ideas on venues/dates etc then please feel free to let me know! I would especially like to hear from anyone who as organised one of these fish-ins before & can offer advice or a hand in setting it up! Ta!

C

Colin North, the one and only

Mrs North and I are still up for it, save that she works alternate Saturdays, so if its a Saturday you're proposing, she will have to book a days holiday if she cannot swap around with one of her colleagues.

Marsh Farm in late Spring can be very productive.

C

Colin North, the one and only

Just trying to re-establish some interest in this.