Southern Fish In

tubs

Reaction score
Would anyone be up for a fish in at some where like Twynersh or Bury Hill?

I would like to arrange one for charity at some point very soon! I thought I would put it on here and see what the feeling is?

B

Bully

I'd be interested, although I am not a fan of Bury Hill....

tubs

Reaction score
Ok well Bury Hill is out then! Can I ask why? Twynersh is a good one if people are interested!

njb51

Reaction score
I'm not a bury hill fan either. That attitude of the staff there is terrible and the fact that they motor round on a noisy quad bike to check your tickets really annoys me.

Twynersh can get quite busy but maybe good fun. Never been to marsh farm but here good things, especially of Crucian carp fishing.

B

Barry Edney

I'd be interested in a Fish-in at Marsh Farm. Not sure about the other 2.

Ain't Twynersh that place behind the dreaded lake beside the motorway?

W

Wolfman Woody

Apparently, they are GENUINE crucians at Marsh Farm, so the EAs fishery development officer tells me.

Also found another lake near my daughter's in Wokingham that I might try this Sunday. Brill idea, day tickets from a machine in the car park. This is the way to go!

C

Colin North, the one and only

What do you mean by a "fish in". Is that a 24 hour session or something? in which case, you might find Marsh Farm a "no-goer", co's I don't think they allow all nighters there. If its just a competition, I might "ave a go" just to make a stand for disabled anglers anywhere. My wife would also probably fish as well, so that's two of us.

p.s. I am not wheelchair bound or in need of any assistance, but only have the proper use of one arm.

captain carrott

Reaction score
colin
a fishin is a chance for people from the site to get together for a social meeting, meet up somewhere fish a bit, have a bite to eat, but most of all meet the other people on here and have a good laugh.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Marsh Farm is a cracking lake but you could struggle a bit as winter gets nearer. The crucians are certainly a good size there, difficult, but when they do decide to feed they're often very big fish.

Good tench and silver fishing as well.

If it has to be in the next few weeks (and into December) think about Willow Park and Gold Valley (both near Aldershot) and Willinghurst (near Guildford). All three are "commercials" and hold a very big head of fish (not all carp either) and usually fish pretty well in winter conditions (particularly if it's consistent).

goldvalleylakes.com
willinghurstfishery.co.uk

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Also, I've only been on one FM Fish-in (the recent Grayling day on the Kennet).

Brilliant day out, excellent company (never met any of the guys before), excellent food and ammusing chat at lunchtime, and we even caught a few fish.

C

I'm on holiday, 19th to 26th November inclusive. Otherwise free.

C

You might think about Longshaws, between Herne and Sturry. Top class Roach fishing, plus loads of Carp, Tench and other species. Every year Roach of up to 3lb+ are caught there, with loads between 1 and 2lb. There's a good pub just up the road, and if non fishing partners fancy a day out, Wildwood Reserve/Zoo(mostly UK animals) is also just up the road, about a mile or so.

tubs

Reaction score
Ok well I well look into these venues and see what they say! I was also thinking about Old Mill, Aldermaston on the Kennet. Also maybe binning the commercials idea and heading to a river?