Southern river Grayling Fish-in(s)

chav professor

Reaction score
Yes, Cheers to Geoff and any other organisers!! Stunning fishing in stunning surroundings.

It has been an ambition to fish for grayling and suceeded!!! it was the perfect fishing trip in many ways - many fish were landed - many more lost, sadly a particularly nice looking specimen:(

Once again - many thanks!!!

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
And nice to meet you guys. PJ is right, we really should have gone for a pint in the pub after to let the traffic settle and compare notes. Next time eh?

We have a spare place on the Dec 7th trip. BarbelDave has been forced to work that day so he can't come and his spot is up for grabs. Who wants it?

jezza11

Reaction score
A really quality day chaps, many thanks to the organisers. It was a first tangle with a centrepin for me, and i can see how easy it's gonna be to fall in love with them!!
Geoff, i'll e-mail you Will's pike and bream pics.

Jez

x

Rog Hill

Reaction score
Hi Guys, what time's the off next Tuesday. Weather on Metcheck still gives it very cold but at least we have no snow down here - yet!

Rog

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Skippy.....You Don't like Pike or Bream....where's yer sustenance man?

Sorry Will...just dont do it for me and never have.Bream have always been things I catch when I'm trying to catch something else and pike I just haven't got the time,inclination or gear for. Far too busy failing miserably to catch big roach.

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:53 ----------

You can't put Skippy's pictures on a public website, he would be locked up for life..............:eek::eek::D

And many people think I should be :D Sadly I have no pictures of the 13lb grayling I caught...it was too cold for my camera batteries.:wh

Last edited:

Rog Hill

Reaction score
Geoff, we're coming from further south than Itchen so we'll meet you at the fishery. Not sure if the opening times have changed but the last time we fished there, last February, I think the gates were opened at 08:30.

Rog

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Okay. I'm stopping off for a hearty breakfast before I arrive - especially if this weather persists.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
You may have timed it right. A load of snow has fallen in the last two days and although the forecast is slightly improving over the next few days, I can't see it melting yet (and ruining the river for a while). It's been cold for a good consistent period now and the grayling should be having it... again!

Tight lines.

nick dv

Reaction score
Glad you all had a good day and caught plenty.

I fish the Itchen below the mill at Gaters Hill, past the White Swan pub, all the way to the end at Woodmill. It's a cracking stretch of river, it's free and it only takes me 10 minutes to walk there! Its been fishing well for some time now, plenty of 5lb plus Chub, 2lb plus Roach, 10lb plus Barbel - no I have not had one yet :mad: - and I believe some 20lb plus Pike. The river also has some superb Carp, Bream and Perch. I have had good Grayling out over the years, and may have a go on Saturday once the snow has cleared. The Dace seem to have dropped away, but years ago there were some decent ones in it.

I may join you on one of the future trips to fish above the mill.

Cheers, Nick :)

nick dv

Reaction score
We still have a couple of places for next Tuesdays trip Nick. Any good?

Hi Geoff, kind of you to offer but it's too short notice :( I will come along another time. At least the snow should be clear by Tuesday, just hope the melt doesn't cause a problem for you all. Hope you all have a good day ;)

Cheers, Nick :)

Last edited: