Southern river Grayling Fish-in(s)

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Just got back on line, bloody Virgin been mucking about putting in a ew box.

I dont care if it's -5 i have been looking forward to this day.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Just got back on line, bloody Virgin been mucking about putting in a ew box.

I dont care if it's -5 i have been looking forward to this day.

Just as well then cos it will be -5 when you get there ! :eek: I'm sure it will be a good day no matter how cold. Sadly I am too big a tart to go out in this.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Just as well then cos it will be -5 when you get there ! :eek: I'm sure it will be a good day no matter how cold. Sadly I am too big a tart to go out in this.

Big tart, it's only cold, it won't kill you...................................................Um, er, well I suppose it just might.

Rog Hill

Reaction score
Just got back from an absolutely great day, big thanks to Geoff for organising it. Shame only 5 turned up to fish but having the whole fishery to ourselves made it a rather special outing.

Weather turned out fine in the end at +3ºC, you'd think spring had started, well at least the rings weren't freezing up. Lost count of the number of grayling with my best touching just over a pound and a half. Plenty of spotties and the nipper had a few roach to 12 oz.

Nice to meet Geoff and big Jim, and to see Ray again. Here's to the next one.

Rog

PS. Sorry we didn't see you at the end Geoff, we waited at the bottom till it got dark, but Jimmy had a date!!

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Good to hear you had a good day,Rog. It turned out not as cold as forecast here and all day long I kept telling myself I should have been there. It all got too much in the end so I bunked off early,went home via the tackle shop and bought meself a new rod instead.:eek:

Just got to smuggle it in now. She knows I've been up to something and is watching me like a hawk tonight !

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Another great day. I had a challenging day compared to usual but still finished up with about 20 fish. I had two grayling which might have hit 2lbs each but I didn't weigh them in case they were only 1:12 ;)

Biggest fish of the day was a chub at 4:12

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
No Gloves required, that was handy, ( sorry for the pun).

Thanks Geoff for a great day.

I wouldn't have any idea of the amount of Grayling or Trout I caught, I lost count, but I must have had 50 to 60 fish, and thats an understatement, no joke, the fish were climbing up the line.

Top beat first off, had a few trout and grayling, but down at the mill end, it was a fish a cast in my last swim. Every swim i fished at the mill end gave up fish.

Skippy I had a couple of Roach, some very nice Roach swims at the Mill end, I will show you next time, just have the back hander ready......:)

No big fish, plenty of Grayling around the 1 lb and just over, all the trout seem to be the same size around 1lb 12ozs to 2lb.

Right at the end, my swim went mental, I am not sure if I hooked or foul hooked a salmon, but it went mental and smashed my hooklink, it also killed the swim off.

Now for that M25, 3 hours to get there, and almost the same to get home.

Just had time for a shower before I watched the Spurs go marching on...:).

For anyone wanting to catch a Grayling, give it a go, I would go back again.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
Great. We'll maybe try another midweek one in Jan - and maybe a weekender session if someone else wants to arrange it.

Thanks to everyone who came on both trips. We all had a good time and actually even made a few quid for Second Chance! Well done lads.

Windy

Reaction score
So sorry I couldn't make it for the personal reasons discussed in pm's.
Gutted.
Tho on the other hand vey relieved, obviously.
Any further dates Jan / Feb count me in.

PS. Anyone want to make me an offer for two pints of redundant red maggots ?

Prime condition, just need collecting from Cranleigh.... :(

Never mind, I suppose I shall just have to make another one of my 'surprise' cheesecakes to share with the chaps at work ;).