Southern Trout Day

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
It's only the venue that's Southern - all FM members are invited, even those from "North of the Watford Gap" /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Date: Saturday 23rd May 2009

Venue: Haywards Farm, Theale, Berkshire

Haywards Farm

and afterwards at: Fox & Hounds Pub

The venue consists of two crystal clear lakes, one of which is Catch & Release only. Both contain rainbows and browns of high quality.

The SportFish Retail Unitis also on site so those with cash to spare, bring your wallet!

Ticket pricing is varied:<ul>[*]Catch & Release Only - Hobby Lake - £18[*]Four Fish Limit - Haywards Lake - £35[*]Two Fish Limit - Haywards Lake - £22[*]Sporting Ticket - Two fish (Haywards) and then C&R (Hobby) - £30[/list]

Please indicate on this Thread if you are interested in attending.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Initial indications are:
  1. Neil M
  2. Peter J
  3. Windy
  4. Richard D
  5. Colin N
  6. Sue N
  7. Jonny
  8. Blakety Blank
  9. Dave Bike
  10. Muffin
  11. Rog H
  12. Sean M
  13. Phillips Jerry

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Would love to join you but i will be in the Red Sea then and i mean in the Red Sea.

Have a good time and i will try and get down next year.

R

Richard Drayson

Sorry Neil...not able to make that date /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif. Having visitors over from Scotland that weekend. Hope you all have an enjoyable day though. I'll look forward to seeing the write-up on FM.

njb51

Reaction score
Can you put my Dad (Roger) down also....he has never fished fly before and would like to get into it.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Those interestedare:
  1. Neil M
  2. Peter J
  3. Windy
  4. Colin N
  5. Sue N
  6. Jonny
  7. Jonny's Dad
  8. Blakety Blank
  9. Dave Bike
  10. Muffin
  11. Rog H
  12. Sean M
  13. Phillips Jerry

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Those interestedare:
  1. Neil M
  2. Peter J
  3. Windy
  4. Colin N
  5. Sue N
  6. Jonny
  7. Jonny's Dad
  8. Blankety Blank
  9. Muffin
  10. Rog H
  11. Sean M
  12. Phillips Jerry

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Anyone else for some of these:
IMG_2743796x435.jpg

1. Neil M
  2. Peter J
  3. Windy
  4. Colin N
  5. Sue N.
  6. Jonny
  7. Jonny's Dad
  8. Blankety Blank
  9. Muffin
  10. Rog H
  11. Sean M
  12. Phillips Jerry

Windy

Reaction score
I am afraid you'll have to take me off the list Neil.... turbo gaskets just gone on my beastie, so I have a few bills to pay. Can manage Clattercote the previous weekend, already paid and with your kind offer of a lift my /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif car's present immobility doesn't prevent me attending....

Shame, as it looks pretty much what the doctor ordered as far as venue etc is concerned, but I do need to hoard the shekkels towards the turbo resurrection fund.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
So far:
  1. Neil M
  2. Peter J
  3. Colin N
  4. Sue N.
  5. Jonny
  6. Jonny's Dad
  7. Blankety Blank
  8. Muffin
  9. Rog H
  10. Sean M
  11. Phillips Jerry
  12. Claudia (possible!)

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Neil,

It's a definite for me now, unless I get run over by a bus until then /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

C

Colin North, the one and only

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Neil Maidment wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Excellent news! Stick with me girl, we'll get you that first fly caught trout.</blockquote>
Or stick with Sue, 'cos she seems able to catch them also.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
First of all I need to get the casting right /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif...that alone is a task for itself /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

C

I can show you how to do it single handed. If you are left handed, you can then teach yourself to cast single handed with your right hand. That way, you can fish two rods simultaneously, or you could use multiple rods in each hand. I think the current record is about 36 rods, simultaneously. However, I think you need to have muscles like Geoff Capes to do that.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I propose we sort of split the day into two sessions, morning and afternoon, with a break at the pub for lunchtime. Meeting around 9am and perhaps breaking for lunch at around1pm. The Fox & Hounds is less than a mile up the road and will provide a sociable break to allow us to swap tales and generally have a good chat!

I'll sort out a little trophy to add a little spice and informal competition for the days proceedings, the nominal winner being he/she who catches the most fish!

Nothing too competitive and not at all compulsory but I reckon it will help to provide a good social meeting for all of us.

Looking forward to it.

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Claudia Crowther wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>First of all I need to get the casting right /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif...that alone is a task for itself /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif</blockquote>

Don't I know it...got to practice again soon or Spiders won't let me have any money for Port and Stilton....I'm sure I'll get it right....eventually

Now ..back 2..3. forward 2...3

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Neil Maidment wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I'll sort out a little trophy to add a little spice
</blockquote>A trophy? Can we have one for the worst perfomance for a change? I would like to have a chance of winning one too /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

C

Claudia,

I was at Yew Tree Lakes on Saturday and there was an eleven year old lad there on only his second trout fishing expedition, with his Dad.He caught two fish, one of which weighed in a 6lb, the biggest fish of the day, for which he won a prize. Later, in the raffle, he also won a fly rod, much to his Father's joy, because he could now have his second rod back.