Spare Spool for Mitchell Match 440A

D

Derrick Lawrence

It looks like the end to my most trusted, and yes, lucky, reel. My spool has dissapeared, can anyone point me in the direction of a replacement?

C

Carp Angler

Reel Care
100 kendall Avenue
Millbrook
Southampton
023 8077 7232
They are the official Uk service agents for Mitchell.
Credit cards/ mail order/ repairs/ servicing/ new reels etc etc.
I've used them myself and they are very good and helpful.

K

Keith Finn

Derrick,
Email me for my address to send me a stamped addressed padded bag and I will return ,to you, three spare spools. They are no good to me ,my Mitchell gave up the ghost years ago.

Dave Gidman

Reaction score
Hi Derrick.
Just posted a thread about my 440A. Wonder if you can help? Just brought it and not sure if its working as it should. Good reviews but in practice not a good reel. Auto bail arm? Press to open but can't get it to close without fiddling about. My other Mitchell is a 410A which i love. Using it like a berk or is there something wrong?

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Doesn't it close when you turn the handle ?

Dave Gidman

Reaction score
No, unless you hold it shut with one hand and turn the handle with the otherwhich is awkward to say the least. Should it just close like a normal bail arn when you turn the handle?

Dave Gidman

Reaction score
Very, Very helpful.
Hopefully i'll get a lot more years from the 440A when it comes back and i hope it'll have been worth the all the fuss.

Dave Gidman

Reaction score
Nope, I was born and bred in Stoke on Trent. Moved to Suffolk 10 years ago, better fishing!

fred hall

Reaction score
now then Nigel, do I detect bitterness from someone who went to a boys only school?