Species Hunt 2007

E

EC

Right, another starter for 10.

How does this sound?

Coarse fish only.

1 point per species.

Biggest fish for each species 5pts (excl named mini species).

1 week long (means more potential participants).

Well?

B

Bob "chubber"Lancaster (ACA)

i,ll have a go if i may i know ive not been with you lot long but i,d like to join in

Beecy

Reaction score
What happened to this ?

( cant take part myself now as am busy over bank holiday weekend, but just wondered if it was still happening )

E

EC

I emailed Graham a few days ago Beecs, I'm happy to sort something but as of yet am unsure of the format. Some people want it over a period of a week others would prefer a day or 2. Also some have suggested marrying it up with one (or more ) of the fish-ins!

E

EC

Jonny, am open to any suggestions mate, drop me a mail if you (or anyone else) has any ideas, but am thinking several fixed dates. Possibly so we can maybe have some sort of league ongoing.

I've not long moved so my head has been up my ar5e (even more than normal) but ideally, I'd like something that was ongoing and that included fish-in dates also, I would also like to possibly include a sea fish-in or 2.

E

EC

That was last year mate, can't remember if it was by design or coincidence to be honest.

J

Jonathan Northmore BA HONS

When is NFW?

Might be a bit late to organise for then by now?

E

EC

Yeah it is nowJohnny, Iam thinking of making ithappen over a couple of months, with specific separate dates, maybe with an ongoing league format.

J

Jonathan Northmore BA HONS

League sounds good!

Although.....bigger specimens may be more available to some people depending on location. If you get what I mean?

Having it over a few days levels the playing field somwhat as there is not enough time for a prolonged campaign after the bigger specimens of the species.

C

Colin North, the one and only

Sandwich Lake at Elphics (near Goudhurst in Kent)reputedley holds about 30 different species of fish, and has about 30 pegs on it.

E

EC

Thanks Colin, it's not run on a match format or on just 1 fishery mate.

Am finalising some dates and potential changes to the format before submitting to the big man for approval.