Species/Specimen Hunt 2009/2010

Bluenose

Reaction score
Am thinking I might change the format this year to try and make it more inclusive, and more of a species/specimen hunt.

Am thinking that we have a set number of named species that are available to everyone Eg Roach, carp, chub, perch etc etc etc but we have to catch that species in a particular time span, For example Carp in Sept, Barbel in Oct, Chub in Dec, Perch in January, Roach in Feb yadda yadda.

THEN, your points are amassed by the percentage of your best fish for each species, compared with the current British record.

So assuming the current British record for 'a FISH' is 6lb, a 3lb'er would net you 50 points as it's 50% of the british record, adding these points up for each species would give you your overall points total.

We can have a little code that we use solely for each species, so that each pic has to show the code, so people like me can't cheat, and we can also have some other stuff I haven't thought of yet, like a 'wildcard' or 'joker' where you submit one other specimen fish to boost your results.

What say you, crazy fools?

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
You seem to be completely changing it? It was a fun 'species' hunt but would become a serious 'specimen' hunt that is nothing to do with species. The last time it took too long being spread over 8 months and many people lost interest or never actually entered their catches. I wasn't even sure of the rules half way through.

If you want to level the playing field then devise a handicap system based on previous results. Any new entrant would get a handicap based on say 80% of the worst handicap. Add in sea fish again (best fun fishing I've done!) and see what happens?

Bluenose

Reaction score
Behave, the rules were simple, it only got complicated when you tried to submit that goldfish aaaaaaahahahaha.

I am floating an idea, that's all mate, as for serious, nahhhhhh, I'll still dock points off anyone with the initials SS.

As you say, many didn't even submit their results, lets see what sort of interest this idea gets before writing it off.