Specimen Rudd Waters in Kent

choppedworm

Reaction score
Hi,

As you may be aware genuine Rudd waters are now few and far between. The Rudd is a fish that I am looking to wet a line for this season but am struggling to find an open access water that contains them. I am looking to target specimen fish of over 2lb before the cold weather returns.

The fens are too far away for me as I am based in Kent and most of the commercial gravel pits (Linear fisheries etc.) in Oxford contain a lot of hybrids making it difficult to catch the real McCoy.

Any advice on waters ideally in the south (Kent)would be much appreciated.

The Chopped Worm

dorsetandchub

Reaction score
Hi,

The match results in this week's Angler's Mail mentioned a result from a Kent venue where a guy won with a shedful of rudd. Whether the venue has any specimen potential, I don't know but if it IS any help, I'll give my brother a shout and get him to pass me the venue name.

Not much but hope it helps....:)

clonker

Reaction score
Stonar Lake in sandwich, controlled by Canterbury & district angling association has a good head of big Rudd.

I have caught them to 2lb 6oz, and friends have caught them to over 3lb.

Since the CDAA took over the lake they have stocked a lot of nuiscance fish though, making it harder to get through to the quality fish - although it's not too difficult.

Hope this helps.