spinnerbait evolution part 2; weedless

supgen

Reaction score
carrying on with the soft bait theme, I had some texas style jig gear to mess around with and thought why not... heres the mk3;

62PICT0002_4_.jpg

nice interchangeable bodies, which was a bit of a pain with the pre rigged storm lures from the mk1's and 2's.

Also this one is fitted with a nice neat ball bearing swivel, a slightly longer arm and light wire which helps to stabalise the lighter spinnerbaits much more.

This one should do well in thick cover, allowing me to draw pike and hopefully some perch out.

I think I need to improve the hook connection, I had to use 2 split rings to get the hook to sit right so next time the hook is going straight on the wire- theres just a little too much movement in it.

Got some new bits and pieces including some nice painted blades arriving this week so I should have some new creations on the way.

supgen

Reaction score
22PICT0021_2_.jpg

proof is in the pudding....

I was well impressed with how this lure worked, shakes off wed easily, can be dragged through very heavy cover and is very stable on the retrieve.

sagalout

Reaction score
Very impressive, all looks very professional and it is a great feeling when it works, ain't it?

supgen

Reaction score
Very impressive, all looks very professional and it is a great feeling when it works, ain't it?

cheers sag :)

yes! it feels great! very very satisfying. Same goes for stuff like preparing and making your own bait and tackle, but there arent enough hours in a day to do all that stuff :( shame.