spring loaded hooks

A

Alan Fawcett

Hi all

I take it you've all heard of these hooks by now?

I gave them a slating on another forum & i today recieved a couple of e-mails from the inventor & one of his friends.

the first one is from the man himself
Regards phil

This one is from his friend (but as the e-mail address is from ntl as well its probably the same guy)especially as the name its signed with says
Phil Back at ye
****head why not leave the guy with the springloadedfishinghooks alone he gives 10p to childrens charitys for each hook and refuses to use it as an advert. What do you do except try to justify what you do by slagging some one who finds easier ways to do things. Get a life or a girlfriend and you might not think yourself so macho. Big man little rod.
Phil B Ackatye

He's also a peeping tom cos he knows i've only got a little rod :)

R

Robert Draper

I think that that clearly shows what calibre of person would use such a barbaric item. As the threat implies menace I would be tempted to pass this on to the police. Still, its good to know that the bad publicity is having an effect, I'd like to see his UK sales figures...

R

Rob Brownfield

Good point, the police would like to hear about e mails like this as it is an offence. I would also inform the AT and AM as to the fact that this guy is using threatening behaviour.

A

Alan Fawcett

whats the saying about great minds??

Oh by the way here's another one sent to a friend of mine .

sharpened super dooper. Compare my device to a treble with three BARBaric
points. As for stupid, it is you sir who care more for fish than kids
starving with no safe warm place to sleep(and this is in England mate) When
was the last time you wrote a letter to anyone about such matters. No mate,
you want to justify hiding a hook in food to a dumb fish then dragging it
around for a hour because your tackle is not up to the job. SPORT? man
against fish, leave your tackle at home and see if you can get a fish from
the water, Nooooo chance!
Man has devised many ways to catch fish some good and some not so good. But
you sir just go and buy a mag and all the stuff it tells you to buy then
call yourself a sportsman with your six pack on your gut torturing dumb fish
for pleasure, good on yer macho man. Me I eat or give away what I catch to
anything higher up the food chain.
I think what you really do is a hobby like making models or collecting toy
soldiers, I bet you have a train set and go spotting in your anorak. Get a
life you anally retentive double standardised preaching twat
Regrets
Phil Berriman

The best part of it is the idiot keeps signing them :)

A

Alan Fawcett

the anglersmail have returned the mails i have sent them (forwarded his mails basically)

It would seem they aren't interested now that he's started to get nasty.

But they were interested enough when he was an amazing inventor of these death hooks

R

Rob Brownfield

Typical I am afraid..grrrrrrr.

This is sounding more like a set up by the antis!!

A

Alan Fawcett

Well talk about opening my big mouth to soon.

I have just recieved a mail from the AM & its quite nice atually Rob i'll forward you a copy.

R

Robert Draper

We would all like to see AM's reply (or the gist of it if given in confidence). This is a hot potato, not only does it need to be condemned, anglers have to be seen to be the foremost in that condemnation. For this reason the angling press have to be extremely careful in handling the subject.

A

Alan Fawcett

Hi All

As you have probably guessed myself & Phil "spring hook" Berriman have spent a lot of time mailing each other.

I have now calmed down enough to actually hear his side of the story & it seems we were slightly misled in the angling press.

As such i am taking this oppurtunity to make a full & public apology to Phil for the trouble & the slagging i have given him.

Phil
As i have already said i still disagree with your invention but now you have explained it to me the way it was intended
I apologise for all I have said & done...

Sorry

C

Carp Angler

Trogg

it takes a big man to apologise.

What did he explain to you that made you make the apology?
As I wouldn't want to get involved with exchanging mails with a bloke who's responses to yourself were threatening and vitriolic, I wondered if you could explain what has made you have a change of heart?

BTW, misled by the Angling press?
There's a first.......

K

Kevan Farmer

Alan. There seems to be an awful lot of people out there - not all on this site - who have read about and formed their own opinion about this invention. They all seem to dislike the hook. I have to say that looking at it - on the inventors website - I wouldn't be too keen on trying it out.

Don't feel bad about it mate, you are not alone in your opinion.

Kevan

M

Michael Hall

Alan I agree with what you have said, however this subject is obvisously a violent and dangerous thing to get involved into so I`m keeping well out of it!

Please could you give a copy of the email hes sends to the apology on this thread!
It would be intresting to hear what he has to say for him self with his violent behaviour!

A

Alan Fawcett

I would rather just leave it as it stands lads as i really don't want to get into yet another e-mail argument.

As Phil has posted on AN i am sure when the time comes he will do the same on here.

he has actually explained what happend on AN but its up to you to if you want to go & see for yourselves.

Thanks for understanding .

K

Keith Williams

Has the Inventor of the Spring Hook or anyone else for that matter submitted a hook sample to the EA for their legal opinion.
if so what was the response ???????

K

Kevan Farmer

Alan. Good idea mate. Let it lie now. Let the dust settle. If the product does ever find a manufacturer to take it into the tackle shops I think anglers will decide for themselves. I'm not a betting man but I'm pretty sure it would not make very good sales.

Kevan

R

Ron Clay

As a matter of interest, someone, during the late 50s or early 60s invented a device called the "Autostrike". It consisted of a spring loaded contraption that you set, a bit like a mousetrap. When the fish took the bait the pull relesed the mechanism cause the spring to "strike" the kook into the fishes mouth.

It never caught on!!