starting a fund raising contest

Iain Riley

Reaction score
I know nothing about arranging a day out like the one comming up at Barstone lakes B,ham but i think its a dam good corse infact a chap i tryed unsucsesfully to start a minimalist web site was trying to raise money for the same birmingham kids hospital we have a bloody big lake in Redditch called the arrow valley i know it has about 60 pegs and is about 25 acerswould the person who has put all the hard work into arranging the one at Barstone be intersted in trying another i know for a fact that there's carp to 28 Lbs in there and at least three cats last time i had on out it was over 20Lb and that was two years ago theres a visitors center and if we could get them to pull there fingers out they do every thing from face painting to teching people to build animals out of willow and other wood crafts yes it would take some hard work specily in a town like Redditch that is ruled by apperthy but as ever it,s bums on seats that not only make the money but make the day .In this lake theres roach bream skimmers eels and carp mirror and my fav commons.Years ago i could of got the likes of Ivan Marks to put in an apperance as it was one of his fav waters to fish its not a easy lake as it's under stocked thanks to the coucil and they closed one end for conservation and stuck a duck feeding platforme up there and most of the realy big and clever carp stay there and fight the ducks and canida gheese for the bread but you can still get a good bag if yam a bit canny ,lucky and your in the right place so if there,s any body stupid enough and has the right conections to have a go i will do all i can to help them i mean i don't know if it would meana thing but our ex mayor is now home seceratey she might be able to pull some strings but i dout that as them all just polititions at the end of the day and they only in it to line there pocketes but its a thoughtb please get back to me on this or if your interested who knows we might get Des taylor or Bob (the Gentlman )Nudd or mick brown dont think we could get Matt Hayes to move from his nice home in Sweden or Norway one of them but they can't hang you for trying ...Yet

yours hopfully Iain Riley

Thefishcoach

Reaction score
HiIain,

What about doin something over National Fishing Week (NFW), if I can help I will mate

Oh u ever heard of paragraphs?

Iain Riley

Reaction score
no not good with paragraphs, but we should definatly talk some more about this idea i'll try most things once and any thoughts and or help would be usefull .

there seams to be a glut of thing going on around the home countys but west midlands and north seem to miss out alot,he says with a contest at Barston lakes Solihull tomorrow just to make my point seem wrong /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Iain Riley

Reaction score
Know but serious Redditch hasgot a great big 25 acrelake. There trying to get contersts there again but the big problem with redditch is appathy.of the two or three contests aranged for local clubs there last year for one 32 pegs were coudened off 7 people turen up .

It dosn't help haveing a head baliff that dislikes carp fishermen thinks that they are untidy and unruly more people turn up to fish the place from 4.30 in the afternoon and do a night than you will ever se on the day.of withch nightfisfing is supposed to be illegel,i'm as guilty as every on else there but it could be a top venue if it was only run correctly./forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

there are no net dips but they have just replaced all the pegs and done a good job it would make a realy good day out for the fishing magic familys in the midlands area,if a day could be done proper. Theres a nature centre so they call it and play areas for younger kids i'm shure face painting and things like that could be arranged i know that there is sombody that makes animals from willow as well. When i first started fishing there in the v early 80s you would see the Shakspear team there practising back when Ivon Markswas in the team if a day could be proved to work there they might acctuly restock as well,dont get me wrong there is a good stamp of fish but over the years and various dissesise it could be better managed,but they need somthing like this to lead the way as the people over the water don't realy have a clue the main revenue is from the boat houseso fishing has taken a back seat ./forum/smilies/crying_smiley.gif

but if your good self fishcoach somthing i aspire to my self and maybe a few other keen FM midlands members could put there heads together an exalent day could be had by all./forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gifther i plenty of room for demonstrations and as sombody else a roving coach or to to pass along advise if people require thers carp to 28LB thats was a morror my bigest common was 20 see avitar ,bream skimmers and a good head of silverfish so somthing for all and the river Arrow right next dorr theres disabled pegs tolots of car pakking space unfotunatly you can't drive to your peg but thats a miner problemso the rest i leave to you if theres intresed partys i will do as much as i can and i think it not only makes a point for national fishing week (NFW) it could make a great venue for a great corse like the Birmingham childrens Hospital and or others./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif