Still not much better....

Stonepool2

Reaction score
Hi I just joined the forum having followed it on and off for many years.
Now in my seventies, I‘ve fished all my life with very varying amounts of success.
I started out as many kids did , catching perch on a worm, and “progressed” over many decades to the thrill of seatrout on the fly at night, my real passion these days.
Now retired ,I still love fishing in all it’s forms, even though I’m probably not much better at it than when I was a kid......

mikench

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. Fishing is a hobby for most and intended to be a distraction from the woes of the world and work. It is intended to be fun. Now retired I can really enjoy it from planning where to go and the method. It sounds like you have retained all of the above positives so make the most of it. Post regularly on any subject you like and tell us all on the HDYGO thread in General Fishing.

john step

Reaction score
Welcome to FM. I too am in my 70s and have fished all my life. Its something one can keep at despite stiffening joints.
I dont know if you pike fish but I have found it increasingly awkward to get down low on the unhooking mat for unhooking reasons.
When I can rest the landing net across my knees with silvers its much easier.
Keep at it and as Mike says, let us know of your exploits on HDYGO.

Keith M

Reaction score
Hi Stonepool, welcome to the forum. (y)

Fly fishing for sea trout at night sounds great.

Living in Tewkesbury; with both the Avon and Severn close to you; you must have some excellent coarse fishing around you too.

Look forward to your posts.

Keith

Reaction score
As Keith says above your in a nice area for fishing,welcome and enjoy FM,apologies for any idiosyncrasies....?

Stonepool2

Reaction score
Thanks for all your comments, certainly Tewkesbury is well located for coarse fishing and the salmon fishing below the weir can be very good as the number of salmon on the Severn I believe is really underestimated by the EA.
However, for me, there’s nothing more exciting than a Towy sewin on the fly at night,It is really an adrenaline rush....maybe I should be careful of too much excitement at my age ??