Success story

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I went out Saturday with my granddaughter and managed to snag up my feeder. I pulled for a break and reeled in my Acolyte quiver rod as it was the last knockings and I was going to pack up. I didn’t realise that there was a stop still on the broken line until I heard the “tink” sound as it hit the top eye and snapped it off. “Oh deary, deary me!” I said (granddaughter was nearby). “There goes the best part of twenty quid and it’s only been out of its bag twice.” I decided to have a look at it tonight before ordering a new one.

501b317fed5a148706a8c443cd90cd0c.jpg

It was snapped off flush with the top eye. I found a miniature drill bit but couldn’t get a start. The eye is really tiny and the bore is very small. I didn’t want to risk the drill chewing out the side of the eye so I got a sewing needle and fashioned a spear pointed drill bit out of that. Once I had shifted the carbon out of the way, I run the twist drill bit through to fully clean out the hole and super glued the tip ring back in place. I only lost about seven or eight mill from the tip and it will make no difference in use.

d6356deae96025ddb20869d35ab0fabe.jpg

A job well done and £18.95 to the good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk