Summer is here - the fish are on the top!

chrisjpainter

Reaction score
Happy days are here again. With beautiful weather and high air temperatures, I snatched an hour and a half with the dog biscuits and the controller float to see if I could bag the first of the year off the top. The fish were pretty wary; not once over that time did a fish take more than one before disappearing again. But I have it a good shot and was rewarded with a tidy carp of just over 12lb. It reminded me just how much fun surface fishing is on a small lake. And how frustrating. So, so frustrating! But I'll take a double as first of the summer for sure. Here's to more of the same...
1682963727900.png

Keith M

Reaction score
I love surface fishing for Carp in the mornings and in the evenings as the sun gets lower in the sky. It’s a great way to spend time when the temperatures have started to rise in the spring. Nice fishing (y)

Keith

Keith M

Reaction score
The last time I spent a few hours on the top for Carp on our estate lake; I made the mistake of temporarily putting my rod down for a quick second while I quickly got something from my tackle bag; and I hadn’t put my rod into free spool; and within a second or two I had my bait taken by a Carp and my rod was being towed out to some distant lilies. I was the only person around the lake (so I thought) so I stripped off down to my underpants and dived in and swam out and managed to grab the cork handle of my rod and continued to play the Carp out as I waded back and scrambled back onto the bank; to the cheers laughter and applause from three women from the estate who I hadn’t noticed sitting there before.

Keith