Summer Thames Bream Fish In and Barbecue!!

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Nice one every one.I'll get a venue sorted with Jeff but probably will not be until the close season when we have had a chance to have a reccy of a couple of places.

Keep posting if you are interested.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
A "Snottie" fish-in? Why???

Sorry, I know some of you love em, but not me!

I can't escape from them! Wherever I go they follow me!

Example, a typical roach session, 15m/m halibutt pellet and the snottieshang themselves giving the roach no chance!

I think I'll give ita miss mate /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
A fish in on my birthday, sound good to me lol. I like Bream its all I seem to catch, Ill bring my carbelling stuff and pretend im after Carp and Barbel.

Windy

Reaction score
Sounds good to me, pencil me in. Subject to the other half planning another surprise short notice summer holiday over that weekend..... !

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
"Subject to the other half planning another surprise short notice summer holiday . . "

Windy,

For a man of your legal persuasion I would have thought that you might tell your good Lady that:

"But darling, Henley upon Thames is a lovely place for a short summer break . . . . and you can go shopping with Woody's wife while I fish with the boys . . . . "

C

Colin North, the one and only

Two days after my birthday. Sue and I could well be up for a bit of breaming, but I need to find out whether Sue is working on that day, before I can commit us. You could pencil us in for now, if you wish.

Are you allowed to night fish on the Thames? I don't know why, but I have this thought that it was not permissable.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Will do Colin.As to night fishing, it depends on the stretch.

Nick, noted but sadly that date is the only oneI can do around that time due to family/holiday issues.At least they do not clash directly.

Windy

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Peter Jacobs wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

"But darling, ....you can go shopping with Woody's wife while I fish with the boys . . . . "</blockquote>A) you make me sound like Michael Winner and B) have you seen the bloody prices in Henley ?????? rip off the upper and aspirational middle classes is not the word.... /forum/smilies/confused_smiley.gif

C

Colin North, the one and only

Sorry to say that Sue is working on the 27th, so we won't be able to come after all. Shame really, I was quite looking forward to a bit of bream bashing.

Day Breamer

Reaction score
Any chance of a fish in near Brum or the west midlands please? /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

<blockquote class=quoteheader>Day Breamer wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Any chance of a fish in near Brum or the west midlands please? /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif</blockquote>
Arrange your own ...... sorta venue /date and put it up on here and see what response you get

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
ive read an article in a Carp mag about Bream on the middle thames pestering anglers. I would be happy to catch a 7lb bream on scaled down carp tactics. any news on the location yet Nigel ?

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Trev Nigel said<blockquote class=quoteheader>Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Nice one every one.I'll get a venue sorted with Jeff but probably <u>will not be until the close season </u>when we have had a chance to have a reccy of a couple of places.

Keep posting if you are interested. </blockquote>

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I think the bream are everywhere Trev so do not worry.The key is finding somewhere where we can night fish, is quite close to parking and we can all fish quite near together.It will be sorted.