Sunday out where

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Well i intend to get out Sunday Morning but where do i go fancy river but where the Mease at Harlaston or Netherseal OR the Stour at Stourton any other suggestions dont really want to travle too far Netherseal is about as far as i want to go really .

So over to you for suggestions ..Thanks ..

PG ...

B

binka

If the weather is anything like today I would stay at home and chain yourself to a radiator!

Good luck if you do decide to brave it :)

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
No matches tomorrow, even the local canal is partly frozenover ..The lakes all have lids on and it's been 3degrees all week. Tomorrow the forecast is for 7degrees which may just tempt me out after lunch. A shallow riffle over gravel on the Colne, something I've been thinking about trying with bomb and long Hooklink, I've kept some nice maggots and pinkies all week and they're clamouring and banging on the fridge door to go swimming innit...

chevin1

Reaction score
No matches tomorrow, even the local canal is partly frozenover ..The lakes all have lids on and it's been 3degrees all week. Tomorrow the forecast is for 7degrees which may just tempt me out after lunch. A shallow riffle over gravel on the Colne, something I've been thinking about trying with bomb and long Hooklink, I've kept some nice maggots and pinkies all week and they're clamouring and banging on the fridge door to go swimming innit...

Don't let the missus hear 'em or it'll be tha' banging on the fridge door tommorow. :wh

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
Well i made my mind up to go to the Stour at Stourton .

it was carrying some water plus the canal was overflowing into it at a much higher rate than i have ever seen before .

I picked the corner by the canal outflow to fish setup i use one of theose small fold up stools (light and easy to carry) laine out sat down wound up on my butt as the back legs vanished down moved same again so stood up then found the whole piece of bankl was MOVING thats it thats me outta there .

So if anyone does fish it beware the piece of bank on the corner of the canal out flow looks as thou it may well float away soon .

Moved down stream about 50 yards fished on for a bit 1 perch around the 1lb mark then the cols set in and nah im off home .

PG ...

stripey

Reaction score
the stour was a good choice, i took a look at the Mease at Netherseal on Friday
[ i live a 10 minute drive away] it's a bit low and clear at the moment, needs extra water,

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
the stour was a good choice, i took a look at the Mease at Netherseal on Friday
[ i live a 10 minute drive away] it's a bit low and clear at the moment, needs extra water,

Ok .. Harleston is my favorite bit prking is a bit herder at Netherseal and i dont walk too well ..

PG ...

stripey

Reaction score
i guess that you are fishing BAA waters ,have you tried Edingale near football pitch , not a bad walk, although the best pegs are over the high timber bridge, and the walk is a bit longer.