Supplex Fluorocarbon

Reaction score
On the subject of thicker lines verses thinner for hooklengths,something I normally swear by,several years ago now whilst trotting for chub on maggot I started on 0.12mm (3lbish)to an 18 hook,now though many mates swore by 0.14mm (4lbs+) I had little confidence,one day a friend came down trotting on the pin,he caught loads(and was normally successful),i asked him what hooks,hooklengths etc,he blew my theories,he used 0.18mm(just under 8lb)straight through,I started using it and caught too....I still fish the same way as I did before,for smaller species,or extreme cold weather,hard fished waters,but always remember to try heavier lines for hard fighting fish on moving water.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Funny stuff line. I dont trust Supplex at all and will go out of my way to avoid it.
I loathe Supplex (the standard nylon monofilament). Supplex Fluorocarbon is a different beast entirely that I've used for all my hooklinks since it first came out. To say I have complete faith in it would be an understatement.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Have you tried shimano Silk shock, or guru pulse ,?
In a word.....no. I have nearly bought some Silk shock a few times but never been bold enough to try it. I prefer lines with a bit of stretch in them.
I loathe Supplex (the standard nylon monofilament). Supplex Fluorocarbon is a different beast entirely that I've used for all my hooklinks since it first came out. To say I have complete faith in it would be an understatement.
Interesting. I might have to try that. Its the bog ordinary Supplex I do not get on with.

Reaction score
Silk shock,Reflo,Supplex I really dont like at all,the fluoro version I would try if I wasn't entirely happy with Silstar matchteam,I know many don't like it,but I find it 100% reliable for my general hooklengths,so find no reason to experiment,i've read people stating diameters aren't as stated,but I fish breaking strains from 2.6lb(0.10mm?)to 7.9lb(0.20mm?),if they are not these diameters,or breaking strains they still work perfectly for me...

Molehill

Reaction score
So only 2 possibilities then. One that they've spooled up the wrong size of line or the other is that your micrometer's way out - which I assume is not the case. IME Fluorocarbon is usually more accurate than nylon
Or it is on the correct spool for the batch, but a machine put the wrong stickers on the spool? As in human operator error when programming sticker machine in far east factory?
Who's going to check - other than........!

Richox12

Reaction score
Could be that way around. Either way it's not the line that's wrong just the packaging/labelling. Human error labelling in Mauritius. Which means...............there could be a lot of it out there.