surplus baits

riverman

Reaction score
after a days fishing i always offer any leftover baits to any fellow anglers when i leave.As i usually go fishing once a week the baits would probably perish if i kept them.
i usually ask them if they are planning on going in the near future and if so would they like them.

Reaction score
What baits are you talking about,many baits can be frozen,or at least fridged....

riverman

Reaction score
usually its mussels prawns and meat.i know i could re-freeze the mussels and prawns and put the meat in the fridge but don't bother as a rule.

Reaction score
I tend to only take small amounts of shellfish,portioning into small bags,rationing it out to reduce wastage,meat depends on how you use it,if you cut it into cubes before a session then your lucky to get two or three days,however,if you use punched meat,or lumps cut off on the day,fridging will get a week or so....

silvers

Reaction score
Heaven forbid ... but I freeze meat, as I only use it as a hook bait and just dice Enough to use for a while. The main lump just goes back in the freezer. 😲
a tin would last me a season!

Reaction score
Meat has a tendency to float after being in the freezer,at least some meat anyway....