Sywell fish-in

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

What one would you like luv?
pegs.gif

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I would be interested, health permitting, and if I do come then Claudia will probably come too. We are not definite but provisionally we are interested in joining you all.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
You see, something good did come fromour beer induced chat at the Idle Fish-In!

Put me down as almost certain, probably just Sat/Sun.

Mind you with all the talent queuing up to go on this one, I might just have a wander around and pick their brains - quite an assembly of angling "megastars" (in their own lunchtimes that is!)

/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
You know what the best thing to come from the beer induced chat was..........................It contained the words exclusive and Test/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
No that was bad! I'm not convinced Nigel has forgiven me yet (but Nellist is still very quiet!). I sent my BIG FAT CHEQUE off to a charity (PJ didn't want recompense) but it's still not been cashed, so as it stands at the moment, I fished for free!

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Neil, you do not need to wait until may to pick my brains, I am only a phone call away.

Neil Maidment

Reaction score

Problem is, having read a lot about "Sywell" but never fished it, it has a sort of mystical aura about it for me. Having had far too few big Tench, well, less than two actually, I'm alreadycranking up the anticipation levels!

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Dead easy Neil. Just find out where the weed starts to grow and fish just before it.

This is rarely more than 20 to 30 yards out. Swimfeeders and maggots fished over some hemp and maggots. Put the kettle on and wait for some of the most vicious flying bites you're likely to get. Baitrunner reels are a must if you don't want to risk loosing a rod.

Sywell is usually a proplific water when it's overcast and there's a breeze. It can be hard though in bright flat calm conditions.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Hi Mark,il'l come along and offer my advice, most seem to be amateurs,and will perhaps need some help.

Mark Hewitt

Reaction score
Excellent.

19 so far. I'll be able to give the ranger a rough idea of numbers.

I'll report back as soon as I know more details - should be Saturday.