Sywell

B

Birds Nest

Hi Guys,

I've walked round it many times with the Girlfriends dog, even fished it once or twice for roach when I was about 15.. But this year I'm intending to give it a seious go for the Tench. has anyone fished it since the Ledger ban ? any hints on the best methods? i'm thinking about a big slider and some heavy groundbait with particles and the usual Tench baits (Corn, boilies, bread flake etc). Also is it still very weedy does anyone know ?

"all that Birds Nest ever does is come on here asking for info.."

Cheers Guys..

M

Malcolm Bason

Sorry Birds Nest - though I live in the County, Iv'e never fished the place! I'll tell you what - you arrange a session on there and I will try and get there too, and we can both suss it out?

B

Birds Nest

sounds a good plan malc. Alhough I think its Wellingborough Nene season ticket, with an extra ticket for Sywell, I'm gonna find out over the weekend.

S

R

Rob Brownfield

Andy Little did an article on it. He used a pair of sliders fished at about 40 yards. One with mini bollies, the other, I think, with corn. He took several fih to 8 pounds. I seem to recall a tower or something in the picture, and he was fishing to the left of it...hope this helps.

B

Birds Nest

Yeah I remember that article, wanted to keep it, so the missues threw it out...

R

Rob Brownfield

I still have it (sad huh?)
I'll photocopy it for u if u like?

B

Birds Nest

If you could Photocopy it or scan it that would be great Rob.

B

Birds Nest

Just got this months coarse fisherman, nice article from Bob Church. good stuff.