Thames Bream Overnighter and Barbecue

• Thread starter Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)
  • Start date
N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Come along to a night of Burgers and Bream on the middle Thames.

Venue - Cookham(above the sailing club) to Bourne End click here

Date - 27th/28th June 2009 late afternoon to overnight.

Parking is just off the top of the high street in a hard standing car park to the bottom left of the map.Please note due to the boats mooring up, there is a fair treck to the swims which are probably about half to 2/3rds up from the beginning of the stretch near the sailing club.

The idea will be to meet up late afternoon probably about 5 on the bank, settle on swims(I may do a draw, but not sure yet), set up, get some bait in and then have a barbie before settling down for the night. There is also a very nice waterside pub just above the railway bridge.

Cost will be £5.00 for the ticket and £5.00 for the barbie.Please either paypal me on nigel.jane1@virgin.net or send me a cheque at:

14 Whitlars Drive

Kings Langley

WD4 8DG.

I have a good few names on the interest list.I will give them first dibs.Could those confirm they are coming by <u>Sunday31st May</u> when I will throw it open to everyone if there a sapces left. I will be looking to limit it to 15 or so as it's a bit of a trial run.Thanks to Jeff Woodhouse and Cookham and District Angling Club for providing us with the venue.

Rog Hill

Reaction score
Hi Nige,

Will definately be there, that weekend's the start of a two week period off, so can't wait.

All the best,

Rog

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Hi Nigel,

Can you put me down on to the list please /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Windy

Reaction score
I think I am good for this one !

I mightbe a bitlater than 5 arriving (working til 4 in Godalming) but I would certainly like to be there before the last barbecue beefburger has been cremated!

Mind you, with my weather luck at fish-ins it would be wise for you all toprepare for torrential rain and 40 mph winds.....

R

Richard Drayson

Sorry Nigel, I'd have loved to attend but unable to make that date now unfortunately /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Hi Nigel, will send the money off later today...have you got a post code for the place please.....I'd only get lost again without my friend in the box (sat nav)

Lark

Reaction score
I couldn't fish this one, unfortunately (it's only 5 minutes from my house!) but I will probably take a wander down at some stage.

The riverlooks like sh*t at the moment but I reckon itshould sort itself out over the next 3 to four weeks - certainly hope so anyway.