THE BARBEL SHOW 2009

F

Fred Bonney

The Barbel Show 2009
Presented by
The Barbel Society

Sunday 3rd May at the Hinckley Island Hotel, Hinckley, Leicestershire.

After the success of last year’s Barbel Show, this year’s event promises to be bigger and better than ever before, with the emphasis on entertainment and quality brands available for you to try and buy!

Come and meet some of the biggest names in the barbel world; listen to fantastic presentations from top anglers; pick up tips on how to catch more. Buy the latest barbel tackle, clothing, books, DVD’s, rods, reels and baits from the trade room.Learn how to cast with a centrepin reel by the lake or book a day’s tuition with one of the professional angling guides who will be there.

The centre piece to this year’s show will be Hugh Miles, Wildlife Cameraman extraordinaire (of Passion for Angling fame) showing excerpts from his new project, Catching the Impossible starring Martin Bowler. Come and watch the most amazing footage as Hugh chats about his epic adventure, filming what promises to be the best angling programme ever. Copies of the DVD and book will be available to buy on the day.

As well as Hugh, Bob Roberts will be there premiering his new DVD, Barbel Days and Ways volume 2, Gary Newman will be doing a talk on The Mighty Mahseer and Martin James will be presenting A Mixed Bag. For the nostalgic amongst us, Len Arbery will be taking us for a walk down memory lane as he reminisces about Fishing in the Sixties, while our very own Pete Reading will bring us bang up to date with details about the R&C work over the last twelve months.

This show is open to all anglers whether you are a Barbel Society member or not.
Tickets available from 1st March at £10 for adults with all juniors admitted free when accompanied.

Non-member tickets will be limited and issued on a first come first served basis. Don’t wait; order now as we expect this event to be sold out very quickly.

Send payment by cheque/PO to:

The Barbel Society, 12, Eastfield Road, Weddington, Nuneaton. CV10 OBB.

(Please include a stamped addressed envelope for return of tickets)

Hotel facilities include Internet Access, bars, coffee lounge, restaurant,

swimming pool, sauna, spa, and gymnasium.

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
I pass the Hinckley Island twice every day on my to and from work. I shall send off for a ticket right now./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

trev (100M bronze)

Reaction score
whatever you do guys dont cut and paste the postcode then try to find it on multimap lol I just did and it sent me up norrff somewhere to a bridge.

F

Fred Bonney

The has been am overwelming response for tickets from non-members, so get your applications in quick so as not to miss out.

G

Gary Knowles

Good luck with the conference Fred...I won't be there this year...

F

Fred Bonney

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gifThanks Gary, shame.

I'll see you in the new season no doubt, unless you can show me some tench.

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I might just take a drive over and take a look....i`m quite keen on the centre pin casting bit,as i have a pin at home that would be ideal for barbel and indeed chub.

One question Fred....whyis it runas a ticket type event ??? Would it not be better to encourage possible new members by paying on the door or offering a discount if you pay in advance ???

Hair rollers for feeders.....i didn`t think they still made them.I`m getting flashbacks now of my dear old gran when she used to have them in her hair.

Reaction score
Hi Nick,

The Barbel Show is run as a ticket event as it used to be a members only thing, but in the last few years it became open to anyone and the organisers were not sure just how many might turn up.

As the venue sets limits on the numbers allowed, due to fire and health and safety issues, it was decided to make it ticket only.

This year's show has the best range and quality of speakers I can remember and tickets are selling like mad. Itisstarting to look like it willbe a sellout event, meaning that there will be no admittance on the door.We gave members first call on tickets but now they are available to all until they are sold.

The trade room is now almost full too.

Will

F

Fred Bonney

Nick, sorry mate wasn't ignoring you ,just didn't see your post/forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif