The Boddington fish in thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
It's only light rain that's forecast Skip - think of the weather that Windy brought to the LIF all those years ago and we're still here to tell the tale...................:)

Jerry....the MO was forecasting Biblical Tempest on Sunday at lunchtime. Its changed its mind now which is why I said there's plenty of time yet. The weather is so unpredictable atm...no rain forecast here this afternoon but I nipped up the TS and nearly had to swim home !

I'm still on medication for the nasty thing I caught a year ago and on top of that I caught something else a month ago that has knocked me flat and just will not get better.Given all that, much as I'd love to see everybody, I wont be going if the weather is dodgy.

theartist

Reaction score
I've had to pull out for reasons beyond my control and apologies have been sent to Simon, I wish you all tight lines and even if the weather is iffy you're still out there fishing which cant be bad :thumbs:

rich66

Reaction score
Me too, my apologies but I’m unable to go. Car trouble as my wife drowned hers in the floods the other week so that and work has stopped me.

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Me.
Jerry.
Skippy?
Chris H
John Step..
Ian fishy catchy
Wethrough Gordon .

Still a few coming...

Last edited:

peter crabtree

Reaction score
Yes, the rain looks like it's at its worse early on, brightening up as the morning progresses.
Good fishing weather though..

nottskev

Reaction score
I'd have liked to come along and meet people, but with some of the chronic health stuff playing up and the chance of a soaking, I'll have to apologise and wish those who brave it the best of luck.

sam vimes

Reaction score
Sorry Simon, I didn't think I'd said anything remotely concrete with regards to coming. Unfortunately, my folks have disappeared on a holiday, leaving me as chief in charge of very elderly ailing relative. Much as I wish I could, there's no chance that I'll be there.

Jeff Woodhouse

Moaning Marlow Meldrew
Reaction score
Sorry that I won't be coming. I was intending doing some work on a river, but that's off as well now. I did a one last year about this time and caught a virus, after a week I was fine and went on the Test. BIG mistake, it clobbered me until Christmas and I missed two very important meetings. Just won't risk it these days, time is precious and there's always another oppertunity to fish somewhere. Have a good time all that are going, I wish you all tight lines.

peter crabtree

Reaction score
Too late to postpone it skip, it will be ok, trust me.
The forecast I've seen is for light rain and a gentle breeze which isn't too bad.

B73-BE02-B-9-F5-B-463-E-990-C-FC6105-B533-C3.jpg

If you don't fancy it, stay at home. If it fishes it's head off we can always do another one.

Last edited:

Keith M

Reaction score
I'd have liked to come along and meet people, but with some of the chronic health stuff playing up and the chance of a soaking, I'll have to apologise and wish those who brave it the best of luck.

I'm afraid unfortunately he same goes for me too. Its a great shame that the fish in couldn't have been in one of our warmer and dryer months.

I've got a cold now and the wife is not in the best of health either.
Sorry guys I'll have to give it a miss this time as well.

I was looking forward to meeting the others on the forum too.

Keith

Last edited:

Windy

Reaction score
Sorry to say that I won't be able to make it tomorrow either for personal reasons. PM sent to Peter to explain and apologise.

Very sorry to miss it. Hope it all goes well for the few remaining stalwarts who actually make it.

On the plus side, now that I'm not going to be there to curse the weather the forecast should now seriously improve !

Status
Not open for further replies.