The Bristol Avon fish-in, Jan 23rd/24th.

Morespiders

Reaction score
Typical of you lot, moan, moan , moan.:D
Conditions were IDEAL looking at the pictures, could have done with an extra 3feet on it,:D
Great lot of pictures Cakes, looked like a load of pirates marooned on an island in one shot.
Another with Gaunt mouth fully open as usual.
One of Nellist reclining in his easychair, who carried him to his swim?.
Muffin, you looked like the only one trying boy.
Spiller, the stress and strained look on your face says it all.

Bet you all enjoyed it though:D

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hi guys, just got home, I am sha**ed! Muffin, Grumpy, Andy and me stayed into dark...but it didn't happen.....never mind.

Thanks for a fantastic weekend guys, I really really enjoyed it. It was great to meet some new faces and some of them are still driving home now!

Saturday was, how can I put it? ******ng hard to say the least. It was really good that everyone kept telling me that I aint God and therefore I can't control nature. We got unlucky, again, with the weather, my 4th flooded FM fish-in :mad: It didn't matter though, everyone had a great time.

I still can't believe we were fishing in the cow-drink, which rose and we managed to get four rods into it. Hats off to V2v for winkling out those two lovely perch, not forgetting the one roach that Andy took from the Amazon earlier in the day.

Today was much better on the 3rd option venue. Two cracking chub came out to Muffin and Jim Hill, very big chub for the size of river. Claudia managed a nice perch too and Rickrod got a pb river roach of a pound and a bit, there aint many rivers down Falmouth way. I think there were only three blanks today, so all in all it was a good day considering the conditions.

I might do a small write-up? Nice pics Cakey and thanks Shiney ;)

Does anyone know where I can get a job lot of grecian 2000 :D

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hehehehehe :D

Pass on our best wishes to the missus mate, hope it goes well tomorrow and remind her about all those brownie points you have accrued ;)

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
What a super fantastic weekend...it was soooooooooo good to see all again and to have met some new faces too.

A mahooosive Thank you to Steve and Wendi for their fantastic and generous hospitality.
I got treated like Royalty with coffee in bed in the morning to wake up then a full english already waiting...and a super comfy bed which I didn't want to get out off :)....even my flask made up to take fishing...you guys are simply amazing.

The venues were fantastic and I'm sure it would fish it's nuts off once the river is in the right condition ( hence I will return soo)

Stev, you have done an awesome job to arrange this fish-in and I think I can talk for all that we all had a super time......just learn to chill a little more Dr Silver fox ;-), you stress monster lol lol lol

Reaction score
I got treated like Royalty with coffee in bed in the morning to wake up then a full english already waiting...and a super comfy bed which I didn't want to get out off ....even my flask made up to take fishing...you guys are simply amazing.

Hmmmm....Spewitt and I have been offered a share of the bed with Jake...what have you got that we haven't?

So sad the river just kept rising..it sounded as though the conditions were going to be a lot better.

Rog Hill

Reaction score
Fantastic weekend and very well organised Steve. Great to meet up again and to get to make new friends.

Although I was one of the blankers it didn't spoil a thing. How could it - the night out was not to be missed; the restaurant has got to be a one off; and finally Wol's coming out, well a fish would just have been a bonus.

Here's to the next one.

Reaction score
Fantastic weekend and very well organised Steve. Great to meet up again and to get to make new friends.

Although I was one of the blankers it didn't spoil a thing. How could it - the night out was not to be missed; the restaurant has got to be a one off; and finally Wol's coming out, well a fish would just have been a bonus.

Here's to the next one.

Couldn't agree more Rog. I fished seriously for about an hour and a half all weekend and caught ****** all, but it was one of the most enjoyable fish-ins I've attended. Brilliant company, and a couple of stunning fisheries to look at (plus Wol's caberet :)). It doesn't get better than that! :w:j

But it didn't happen.....never mind.

Thanks for a fantastic weekend guys, I really really enjoyed it. It was great to meet some new faces and some of them are still driving home now!

Saturday was, how can I put it? ******ng hard to say the least. It was really good that everyone kept telling me that I aint God and therefore I can't control nature. We got unlucky, again, with the weather, my 4th flooded FM fish-in :mad: It didn't matter though, everyone had a great time.

As I said above Steve, that was a proper memory-maker of a weekend matey! You might be the god of floods and no fish, but you always manage to assemble a crack crew of FM desparados to generate a lot of fun and hilarity!

I might do a small write-up? Nice pics Cakey and thanks Shiney ;)

Does anyone know where I can get a job lot of grecian 2000 :D

You've got to write that up... it's a twisted tale that will become a classic in the FM annals.

I can probably spare a couple of dreads if it'd help the hair situation! LOL!

Cu soon mate, Severn and Teme towards the end of the season if you Wendi and Jeff fancy? I'll put you up? Drop me a text :)

Last edited:

Specihunter

Reaction score
Yeah I have to agree , I had a blanking great time . Steve I envey you that is the one stunning river .Roll on next time.

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Absolutely ! I cant remember when I last enjoyed a blank so much and I cannot wait to go back and have another go....preferably when Poseidon is in a better mood.

Thanks Steve....and if you fancy a go at them big Test roach pm me.

Skippy

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Cheers Skippy.

I've got to get the bank in order now and time is running out on the rivers :(

Fingers crossed I can join you and that jammy get Phil ;) before the end of the season.

I wonder if Eddie and Rickrod are home yet? Flippin massive drive for them both!

On my way home tonight they were gritting the M4!!! We need a mild spell I think or a sustained consistent spell of weather. It's been up and down like a yo-yo lately :(