THE CENTRE PIN thread - everything I wanted to know but was too afraid to ask

nicepix

Reaction score
I haven't yet no. I'll stick with my Abu 501 for the time being. Other financial priorities at the moment.

Can't you set an apprentice a task of making one? Many a centrepin and Scarborough reel has been made in NCB and British Steel workshops on the quiet. I understand that Flight' has one that was made in the Rolls Royce factory.

Alan Roe

Reaction score
I may well have mentioned this before if I have put it down to dementia ....However I am speaking and demonstrating angling with a centerpin reel at the Midlands game fair on the 20th and 21st of September.
For anyone that is interested i will happily spend time teaching the wallis cast amongst some of the other skills feel free to come and ask I don't bite!
Cheers
Alan

greenie62

Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder Alan - you aren't the only one on this forum that has problems with dementia! :rolleyes: - so I've tried to put the event on the FM Calendar - 1st time I've used it - let's see if it works!;):)
Tight Lines!

trotter2

Reaction score
Hi Alan

Do you have any plans for anything further North :)

Thanks M8

Alan Roe

Reaction score
Hello Trotter2
I have done a couple further North this year which were the PAA Open day at Ribchester and the Peover(Cheshire) Game fair.
for those fortunate to live in God's own county of Lancashire or who are prepared to travel to it I am happy to put a bit of time to one side to teach you just pm me
Cheers
Alan