The Environment Agency & the River Tone

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I’ve been friends with Dominic on Faceache for quite a while and he has always come across as a decent sort of bloke to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve2

Reaction score
QUOTE="bullet, post: 1596437, member: 68097"]
With regard to Dominic Garnett, he's well known locally and an avid supporter of various Clubs, chips in and does his bit.
He's also very approachable via email and always keen to talk fishing and/ or environmental matters.
[/QUOTE]
But still unheard of outside of angling and by most anglers. No different to most of our so called well known anglers, unknown outside of angling.

John Aston

Reaction score
I agree Dom Garnett is probably unknown to the wider public , as is to be expected, although he was in The Times the other day . But it says far more about the angler than DG if DG's name is unknown to an angler. He is a very prolific writer in both coarse and game press . Perhaps this illustrates the fact that the internet can tell you everything , or virtually nothing, if you can't be bothered to keep up with current affairs and news in one's own sport .

peterjg

Reaction score
The CRT are just as bad. Their favourite pastime is to totally wreck any bankside cover and then drop and leave any cut branches in the water!

steve2

Reaction score
I agree Dom Garnett is probably unknown to the wider public , as is to be expected, although he was in The Times the other day . But it says far more about the angler than DG if DG's name is unknown to an angler. He is a very prolific writer in both coarse and game press . Perhaps this illustrates the fact that the internet can tell you everything , or virtually nothing, if you can't be bothered to keep up with current affairs and news in one's own sport .
I do keep up to date but like most people only in those areas I have interest in. I have no interest in carp fishing or match fishing I could not tell anything about anyone of the so called top carp or match anglers or the the latest have rigs and tackles.

John Aston

Reaction score
DG is an all rounder - fly ,bait ,lure , game , pleasure, canals, sea , match . I'd be hard pressed to avoid reading his stuff!

mikench

Reaction score
The answer is that no housing today should be built on a floodplain. In practice they are not because said properties and those built decades ago are unsaleable, unmortgagable and uninsurable .

John Aston

Reaction score
It's a popular refrain , or at least has been in the last few years. But many cities are built on flood plains and evolved organically from the time when when they were just bunches of shacks next to some water . If we didn't build on floodplains , most of Cambridgeshire , and much of Norfolk and Lincolnshire would still be washland and fen . Done properly - and the Dutch are masters at it - careful water management mitigates most of the risk in low lying areas. The really scary floods are in uplands - such as in the Pennines (or Alps!) - where flash floods arising from violent rainstorms are killers . And climate change is creating more and more of these catastrophic downpours.