The fish have been fed

J

John Pleasance

I have to live on semi-frozen cheese sarnies all week at work and like something different for fishing.Summer time is O.K. cos I take cold pasties but in winter they are worse than the sarnies,so i usually exist on choccy bars.Anybody got any better ideas,without cooking on the bank?

A

Andrew Webber

Semi-frozen sarnies! I'm glad to say its never been cold enough for that to happen to me. I go for big chunky bread rolls and flapjacks. I don't get the really bad weather as I'm a southern nancy.

C

Carp Angler

Andrew,
John is probably further south than you, which makes him even more of a southern nancy.
I don't know where you are, but on the central south coast it hasn't risen above freezing for about 6 or 7 days now.

I've found that cold bacon sarnies dipped in soup make a warming and filling meal.

S

Stewart Bloor

Maybe Andrew's middle name is Lloyd?

In which case 'south' probably means the south of France on a yacht.....

A

Andrew Webber

I'm in salisbury about 15 miles from the mecca that is Ringwood. Its been around freezing here for about a week.

A

Andrew Webber

Sorry my middle name is not Lloyd but you get 10 out of 10 for originality ;)

C

Carp Angler

Salisbury, that makes you a northerner then.

How's the Nadder, any fish left after the cormrants?

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Before you leave in the morning blast a cornish pastie in the microwave until it's piping hot then wrap it in silver foil. It will still be warm at lunchtime. With a flask of hot soup or coffee you can't go wrong.

A

Andrew Webber

I don't know what the Nadders like, I've been away at uni for few years, haven't fished it for a while and its not day ticketed anymore. Next year I'll join the club as I'm gonna be around.

J

John Pleasance

Rik, I like your idea,in fact I do that at work with cupasoup but I'm paranoid about keeping the weight of my rucksack down. Don't have to carry an extra flask for work ,I just bung it in the van.
Dave ,I'll give that a go.Do you remember hayboxes as well! :)
Andrew,my nadders are fine I've got a onepiece suit keeps em warm.

C

Carp Angler

Is Salisbury worth joining anymore?

I'm not sure if any of my local clubs bother with exchange books for Salisbury now.

I remember the old winter leagues by the sports grounds on the Avon where you could catch some very nice roach bags, with several fish being good 'uns.
The last time I fished it (about 1988/9) about 90% of the anglers dry netted.

P

Paul Williams

Best way to enjoy decent hot food is to make to much casserole when the family have it for a meal then freeze it. Remove it from the freezer the night before the trip, next morning heat it up pop it into a flask and enjoy on the banks......better than all those pot noodles!!
Another decent easy meal is to heat those frankfurter type sausages in water, put them steaming hot into a flask and serve with rolls and mustard on the bank.

C

Cakey

Ive a food flask which has a seperate cup type thingy,
So I take curry and rice,rice goes in the seperate cup until ready to eat.
For the curry I go for tescos own brand chicken or beef,nothing better on a cold day and only takes a min to get ready.
the only thing I have found with any flask is to heat it first with boiling water for five mins

A

Andrew Webber

I don't know if salisbury is any good anymore, it never was great. I'd join because I live in salisbury and dont have a car. I fished the avon a few days ago on a day ticket, it looked grat but only managed a 7 pound pike.

Theres a stretch of the avon down stream which the LAA have the rights to, I'll definately join that one, good roach, chub and bream. There ha to be some pike down there too.

Where are you from Mr Carp Angler?

C

Carp Angler

Straight down the A36 from Salisbury for about 12 miles and just the other side of Ower.

D

Daniel Whitelock

pot noodles are alrite, a bit, different flavours if you like to call them that give you a wide choice. i take cuppa soups too with cheese rolls to dip in.

oh yeah and hobnobs to dunk in tea.

cheers Dan