The Loop Knot Thread

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Anyone who says they can't haven't tried hard enough IMO even my 10 y-o daughter can tie them. Failing that plenty spade end hook tiers will do the job perfectly in seconds

What you have failed to mention is the army of fifth columnists employed by Drennen and Kamasan, who go around the tackle shops replacing the instruction leaflets in the hook tyers packets with ones that are incomprehensible and written in gibberish.

Red Army

Reaction score
I suppose you're right, I don't know because I never used one, since I find it quicker and easier to tie it by hand but I've seen people using them including top matchmen and apparently it works for them...or maybe that's only because they can read and speak gibberish :D

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
Drennan hooktier is a piece of pi$$ once you get the hang of it. After years of using ready tied I now tie my own. It opens up a whole new scope of different hooks and diameters of hooklinks you can use which are not available ready tied. For instance a size20/ 22 hook to 0:16 trace should I need one. And it's much cheaper in the long run.

Rodney Wrestt

Reaction score
Drennan hooktier is a piece of pi$$ once you get the hang of it. After years of using ready tied I now tie my own. It opens up a whole new scope of different hooks and diameters of hooklinks you can use which are not available ready tied. For instance a size20/ 22 hook to 0:16 trace should I need one. And it's much cheaper in the long run.
So eloquently put Peter that I can but concur. :D