The off topic thread

Philip

Reaction score
...off topic but I got one of those robot vacuum cleaners and you end up treating it like a small pet. When it gets jammed in a corner you sort of feel sorry for it and give it a gentle push to free it up.
:)

theartist

Reaction score
Can we put catch reports on here off off topic, just that I had four barbel today (biggest a whopping 12oz) and fished like a total wally losing three, the river was low and clear but the cloud cover put some fish on the feed, roach didn't really want to know and got plagued by gudgeon on maggot, about to cook dinner, but can't be bothered with any hoovering ?

mikench

Reaction score
Does anybody add a glug or a liquid additive to their baits and ground bait with discernible results? Is correcting silly predictive text off topic ? Definitely? You are getting the hang of it Simon. How does the IM8 compare with the Normark Ultralight.?

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Does anybody add a glug or a liquid additive to their baits and ground bait with discernible results? Is correcting silly predictive text off topic ? Definitely? You are getting the hang of it Simon. How does the IM8 compare with the Normark Ultralight.?

I add “The source” liquid to luncheon meat at times. The bait tends to end up as a carrier for the flavouring and isn’t really luncheon meat anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikench

Reaction score
Just out of interest I duly received a new butt section for my rod this morning. I only rang them to enquire what the options were yesterday afternoon. What utterly brilliant customer service from The TackleBox in Dartford. I doubt many tackle shops would be as good.

nottskev

Reaction score
Definately off topic so well done Simon.?

One for me at last! The difficulty spelling "definite" stems from the ambiguous vowel sound in the final syllable. Is it Definit? Definet? Definat? No, none of these. It's the indeterminate central vowel sound known to linguists as Schwa, made by relaxing all your speech organs, usually occurring in unstressed positions. If anybody ever pauses while writing the word, thinking which vowel, they can refer to the morphological relative "finite", where the sound of the last syllable clears up the problem. Finite. Infinite. Definite. I'm thinking that could be hard to beat for off-topicality today.

nottskev

Reaction score
Just out of interest I duly received a new butt section for my rod this morning. I only rang them to enquire what the options were yesterday afternoon. What utterly brilliant customer service from The TackleBox in Dartford. I doubt many tackle shops would be as good.

Good for you Mike! But I'm surprised they can afford to be so obliging. It's practically a license to break their rods! :)

theartist

Reaction score
Can we get back to off topic cooking please, this isn't just a fishing forum, you know If you lightly season the soldiers rather than the top of the egg you get the full flavour every dip. :)

mikench

Reaction score
I have never tried that Rob but I will now. Does anyone use a Shimano Super GT in either 2500 or 4000 size for float fishing and what is your opinion?

mikench

Reaction score
I had given up on Preston after 7 months or so but have received an email today that they now had the part in stock for my chair and would send me one out. ?