THE PETER CRABTREE SEATBOX

john step

Reaction score
About a year ago before Simon went downhill he gave me a seatbox. Daiwa Tournament with foot plate.

This was in response to a moan I had about chairs being fragile and the legs telescoping on me. The idea was for me to give a box a trial to see if they would suit me. The agreement was I could pick it up and make a donation to a cancer charity, which I did.

I have given it a good try out. I confirm it has been very comfortable, the legs have been stable and no telescoping. I have found it comfortable despite reservation about there being no backrest as with a chair. In fact it has been much more convenient for active fishing both float and feeder. I can now understand why they have become so popular.

However it is heavy. I have recently had hernia treatment, not due to the box I must add. As it has been a good trial for me I have bought a lighter seatbox which is also comfy and would like to pass Simons box on to a FM member with the same agreement to make a donation to a cancer charity.
It would suit someone who fishes close to their vehicle due to its weight.

It must be on a pick up only basis. The location is half an hour North of Lincoln.

Photos attached. PM me if interested.

image album upload

john step

Reaction score
Its still up for grabs, before I advertise elsewhere to enable a small donation to a cancer charity.

john step

Reaction score
Last chance for a free seatbox. Small donation cancer charity. Soon to be advertised elsewhere.