This Month’s Magazines

P

Paul Williams

Nice one Graham, that should generate some interesting threads !

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Hope so, there should be plenty of scope with this one all right.

Alan Roe

Reaction score
It will save us all having to go into W.H.Smiths reading them then putting them back on the shelves!!
Not that we do such things of course.:)
Dont suppose you fancy adding Playboy to your list????:)

A

Alan Cooper

Seems like a good idea Graham.What about the current issue of "Waterlog?"

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Alan & Ron, I'll try to include Waterlog and I'll definitely include the Sheffield Angling Star being as I always have a copy of it each month. What area does it cover now Ron?

David Preston

Reaction score
It's spread across the Pennines, as several paper shops around this way stock it!

R

Ron Clay

Angling Star covers the whole of South Yorkshire, North Notts, parts of West Yorks and greater Manchester. Monthly subs are from as far afield as South Africa USA and Australia

P

Paul Williams

Careful fellas, you'll have to include "The angling vicars weekly" at this rate, mind you it won't generate much chat.....all the pages are blank!!

G

gerry Egan

thanks for the info graham i've got withdrawl symtoms to busy working...

S

Stewart Bloor

I subscribe to 1 magazine - Coarse Fisherman. Just had the December copy come through the post. I can see Graham has got it all sewn up. He gets Dave Colclough to make all his boilies for him, while Dave Dowding gets to hold Graham's whisky glass. But not to drink it. In fact, Graham is saying to Dave, 'Drink my whisky, and I won't give you a lift home'...
I'm just glad my name is not Dave..wonder what he'd get me doing...so if you're name is Dave, WATCH OUT..you could be next...

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
You must be joking. Drink Dave Dowding's whisky? I'd rather flog your cassock!

Mind you, Dave Cooper's got some nice rods.........

R

Ron Troversial Clay

And these days The Monk has taken over our spiritual needs.

Where's that bottle of Jim Beam you promised me for Christmas mate?

N

NottmDon

Good idea Graham. Ive stopped buying a lot of the monthlies now because the editors are complete numpties. Example a match angler had a barny with a traveller on the way to a river match, said traveller turned up later with an axe and tried to part the match anglers hair. What does the editor suggest? "Dont fish on the rivers its too dangerous use a commercial instead and think about what happened next time your on your own on a river bank miles from anyone". what a complete and utter wimp! I remember when angling magazines were run by men not by wet behind the ears graduates with no inkling of what the real world is like!! Give me freedom or give me death I say!

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Do you realise that this thread started over 5 years ago?

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
nothing wrong with reading the mags and putting them back on the shelves....i often do it when i`m forced to take the missus shopping at my local asda...best to leave her pushing the trolley around while i skulk off......anyone for the peoples friend? or kerrang?

R

Rodney Wrestt

What's with resurecting the 5 year old threads Ron? dthat's couple I've opened thinking they were new only to find you were re starting a 5 year old discussion.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Ron is having a 'senior moment --I think he's in a time warp ......

Bloody nuisance!!!