tips pulling round again.....

D

Dave Johnson

Managed to fish the river Blythe again on Sunday, absolutely perfect conditions. had three good chub in the first three casts on breadflake, then went onto the float and had another three longtrotting. Great fun, even had a big brownie (not one of coopermans bankstick jobbies) on for a few seconds that treated me to the usual aerial displays and thunderous runs before departing company, but all in all a good day and it gained me second place in our local club winter league match.
Anyone else manage to get on running water.......and does anyone know how the Severn is running at the moment?

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Well done Chub. The Severn? Faster than a dooda hit by my bank stick! And a heap more water about to go in according to tonights forecast.

M

martin BATEY

They are thinking about calling it the Zambezi river from now on. Forget the M5, go by a canoe down the severn. You can get anywhere in the midlands in minutes!

S

Stewart Bloor

Dave, well done on the Blythe. I was on the Mease Tuesday. It was belting through and the river came up considerably while I was there. In fact it spilled over at such a pace it was like watching the tide coming in !!

DAVE COOPER

Reaction score
Forecast was right! What a storm we had here last night! The Severn and Wye have had it for another few weeks at least. Don't think there will be too much doing on these until well after Christmas.

D

Dave Johnson

well i am gonna chance it on the Blythe again on Sunday in our 'Fur & Feather' match.....watch this space cos two sharp frosts and no rain is pointing at chub galore -lets hope so!
Chub

Frank Middlebrook

Reaction score
Well done to the chubster - remind me what a chub looks like - my local stretch of the mole has had some serious amounts of water flying through at a rapid rate of knots, so not fished it for at least two months,

J

john conway

Got some good local advice on where the Lune bream shoal up in the winter. However, the catch is the river has too be low and a cast of 40 metres to the far bank, some posh guys back yard, means one hell of a drag on your line if it’s not very low. Never the less I couldn’t wait, the river was dropping fast and the forecast is not going to get any better, so Sunday so me on the bank side at daylight. Didn’t hit the big bream, only had two bites both within half an hour around three and landed two beautiful 4.5Lbs Bream/Rudd hybrids. I was told they put up a good fight and they did. The other local advice is the best results come at night, even in sub zero temps. Don’t know if the guy who told me you need anti-freeze to stop your line icing up on the rod rings, was winding me up, but as he was the guy who told me where the bream shoaled up, as they say in for a penny in for a pond.