Toft Silver-2nd again!

C

chefster

Fished a club match at Toft Silver lake today,i managed 2nd with 68-4-0, of F1,s and carp ,which might sound creditable,but my fishing partner Bad H took it apart with 115-0-0,of F1,s. I caught mostly on paste shallow or caster,probably losing enough fish to win,but that fishing! 62-4-0 was 3rd, 51-0-0 was 4th, 12 fished...hopefully i,ll do a bit better on saturdays open, with what i,ve learnt today,cheers Gaz:D:cool:;)

C

chefster

Did you try the rubber caster?

To tell you the truth,according to Bad H,i fished it all wrong, when i put caster or rubber caster on the hook the float was darting about everywhere,with small roach , which i kept striking at,so getting a bit frustrated i fished the paste shallow and they were ripping the elastic out...apparantely when the small fish were grabbing the caster, i should have just left it until the elastic pulled out...Bad H said he had 101 F1,s for that weight, and he never struck at one bite!!!! but on saturday i,m going to fish caster exclusively!!!! Gaz

peter crabtree

AKA Simon, 1953 - 2022 (RIP)
Reaction score
I'd try rubber caster wrapped in paste. At least if the paste falls off you don't need to ship back. As I said yesterday, let'em hang themselves on the elastic innit.....

C

chefster

Its definately a busy way of fishing ,and the rigs are so simple!!!:D to be honest i thourughly enjoyed the day and was,nt to displeased with my result,Gaz

sammy1

Reaction score
Hello Mate,

I have a match on toft silver soon. I have only ever fished the carp lake so dont have a clue what to expect. I understand from the threads that there are a lot of F1 and carp to be had now, and targetting them shallow may be the trick? If so what length should I be fishing? Is it worth whilegoing pellet shallow, or all caster? Is there any other lines worth a go (margins, short?)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Sammy

C

chefster

Hello Mate,

I have a match on toft silver soon. I have only ever fished the carp lake so dont have a clue what to expect. I understand from the threads that there are a lot of F1 and carp to be had now, and targetting them shallow may be the trick? If so what length should I be fishing? Is it worth whilegoing pellet shallow, or all caster? Is there any other lines worth a go (margins, short?)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Sammy

Sammy 1,i,ve sent you a PM,cheers Gaz