Toughest Barbel Record?

B

Billy boy Smiffy

and yes ,i may be a bit behind but as a new member to fm i havent had my chance to put my views across about the direction in which our sport is heading,perticualy the attitude of a lot of so called barbel anglers out there.p.s .have just lost night fishing rights on an exelent stretch of trent due to so called ''carbellers''leaving mountains of rubbish,fires, and farmers gates open,as u can guess i am pretty miffed!THE GUILTY PARTYS KNOW WHO THEY ARE, AND THEY BETTER PRAY WE NEVER MEET,OR I NEVER CATCH THEM RUINING OTHER STRETCHES OF MY BELOVED RIVER OR VIOLENCE WILL ENSUE.

B

Billy boy Smiffy

the strech in question is on tidal river near south clifton,sunken island stretch, run by lincoln aa i think......

B

Billy boy Smiffy

cheers bryan,cat told me he had put something on but couldent find it, was fishing with him at time..

P

paul williams 2

Billy boy......nought wrong with "carbelling" (other than the name!) but i came across the type of moron you are talking about over 30years ago......we had special permission to fish a salmon beat on the wye for eel.....and then the morons moved in just as you describe.

I know how you feel mate...but these morons aint anglers in any shape or form, whatever the species they are "abusing"

B

Billy boy Smiffy

youve got a point there paul mate,didnt mean to slag of all carbellers though, i am one myself chap,just that the idiot minority within carbelling have ruined things yet again, maybe we should exept it as part of our river fishing??