Travel float rod

Rod & Annette

Reaction score
I've been taking a little LRF rod on holidays to europe. Its obviously fine for lure fishing but its limited for float fishing which I'd rather be doing.

Are there any light actioned rods 11ft plus that will break down to 4ft or less (I put the rod in a hard tube with golf clubs)

I only really ever fish harbours and rocks for small species and the occasional mullet if they are present.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

john step

Reaction score
Look up John Wilson Travel Avon rod. Has float top and quiver top. About £75
Also look up Shakespeare Agility travel float rod. £49.99 Angling Direct. (Ignore the reference to a 6lb test curve. Some idiot doesn't know this is a max line rating which is the system Shakespeare often use)

Last edited:

Aknib

Reaction score
Do you mean something like THIS
I would highly recommend this rod, a pleasure with silvers and I've even had numerous Trent Barbel on it without any noticeable flat spots in the action.

I sold mine due to lack of use and regret it, I didn't realise they were still available and I might just bag myself another one whilst they are.

barbelboi

Reaction score
I would highly recommend this rod, a pleasure with silvers and I've even had numerous Trent Barbel on it without any noticeable flat spots in the action.

I sold mine due to lack of use and regret it, I didn't realise they were still available and I might just bag myself another one whilst they are.
Nice to see you back - going for the smallest tinca challenge again this year?

Aknib

Reaction score
Cheers Jerry...

I'm currently welding an oversized set of forceps together for the photo and then we're off! :D

bullet

Reaction score
The youngs trotter will certainly do the job , but it'll be heavy to hold.
I've got the standard 3 piece and thats heavy enough!