Travel Rods in Tubes-Okuma's SST Travel "A" Rods!

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
Hooked a Cuda on The 3rd Cast Alongside a School of Bonefish!

I've had this Travel Rod for a few months but car issues prevented me from going out far. As an angler i've always loved travel rods. I have a lot of the original Nomad Travel Rods in tubes & cases still. They're easy to attach to your pack hiking into spots or just having one in the back of your car for a fast session.

Of course the main advantage is traveling. Trains, planes or automobiles. The advantages are clear. This model i'm using is a new introduction for 2022 by Okuma. It is the SST-S-1064Ma. Of course SST means "Salmon, Steelhead & Trout". The Newest of the SST's. The color has been changed to a smokey grey to denote its difference. I used a ITX3000 Spinning Reel filled with 10lb Eminent Braid by Soft Steel. Here's the stats-

SST Travel "A" Rod (SST-S-1064Ma)
Line Weight: 8-17lbs
Lure Weight: 3/8-3/4oz
#Guides: 11 + Tip
Product Sections: 4pcs
Rod Length: 10'6"
Rod Power: Medium
Rod Taper: MF (Moderate Fast)
Rod Weight: 7.4oz
Comes in a protective SST rod tube
1yr Limited Warranty

Attachments

• Travel SST- Cover.png
    Travel SST- Cover.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 29

seth49

Reaction score
Thought I’d do a review of the Korum Allrounder rod I bought a few months ago, it’s the ten foot 1.1 test curve model with three quiver tips, it looks and feels very nice too, not flashy quite classic looking in fact.

I’m impressed with this rod, you get a good fight of a 1lb tench, and I’ve had carp to 12 lb on it as well, and it handled them well also, the top half of the rod has a nice through action, but plenty of power in the butt.

I like this rod a lot and am very pleased with it, and not expensive at around £ 50.