Trolleys

wavodavo

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm looking at getting a trolley for all my gear but just want to ask about 2 I have found. I'm not looking for a barrow type but one that is described a garden trolley as it would be easier for me to pull around and collapse to put in the car.
The ones I have found are these ones:-
The one on eBay has been been discussed on here before but the Tectake one is cheaper. I asked for the load dimensions for the Kingfisher trolley and came back with 50x87x50cm but from the photos the depth doesn't look like 50cm.
Can anyone confirm if these are the right dimensions or whether they are the same size trolley?
Cheers
Dave

Steve King

Reaction score
I can’t comment on the dimensions.

I have an Aldi folding trolley that is fairly similar to the Tectake one (the construction of the handle is a bit different though). These types of trolley are fine on paths and boardwalks (like Clattercote for example), however they are not great over rough terrain. That said, I’d never go back to a single wheeled barrow.

Reaction score
Then you wouldnt go over bumpy ground with it Steve single wheelers are far more efficient for that...the type shown are only any good for pushing down a garden path,or over a lawn imo...

Reaction score
Agreed on each to their own,I find two,three,or four wheelers the wheels and axles fight each other,which also leads to axles bending in cheaper models...

john step

Reaction score
I have a Carpporter. Solid and reliable. Fits in my small hatchback. There is a big disadvantage with any device for transporting your gear however.
It is a bit like the theory of road building. More roads more cars. More barrow space, more clutter to take!:mad:

Reaction score
I sit on mine,with a dense memory foam pillow,got to look after your harris....

Keith M

Reaction score
I use my folding wide wheeled beach/festival cart for fishing when I need to carry my carp gear bits and pieces with my seat and rods strapped on top; and its wide wheels are great over both mud and sand.

I see you’ve already looked at these so I’ll go and get the measurements for you.

I measured the dimensions of the green bag thats on top and the measurements are approximately:
Length 33” (84cm)
Width 18” (46cm)
Height 11” (28cm)

Here’s a photo of it next to my fishing gear when I used it down at the estate lake; just to give you an idea of its overall size if that helps you sizewise:

Keith

Last edited:

Steve King

Reaction score
These look sturdy and have pneumatic wheels! Available from Homebase for £49!!

The only disadvantage is that it doesn’t fold down flat. It looks like it would fit in the Landy OK though.

Attachments

• 497397FD-DCF1-4F44-BED4-9DB46A1C7032.jpeg
    497397FD-DCF1-4F44-BED4-9DB46A1C7032.jpeg
    218.4 KB · Views: 70

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
At the moment I have a Preston 2 wheeled space shuttle,
I keep thinking of reevaluating my fishing due to the venues I now fish.
Do I get rid of seatbox,trolley and poles etc I use on commercials, and buy a festival cart for chair ,side table and bag for gravel pits and canal and odd trip to the river.
I have seen quite a few anglers with the fold up festival carts around Newlands,
Quick to load and unload and fold up to get in the car.

mikench

Reaction score
I won't bore you with my re-evaluation of the Korum accessory chair and barrow kit. My issues remain unresolved and as the chair is completely broken and unusable so is the barrow kit. I researched the trollies above and thought they were the solution. However the terrain on a number of venues where a trolley or barrow is essential , is up and down, rough and uneven.

I bought a Carp Porter Porterlite and haven't regretted it. It fits into my mini( countryman) holds any of my chairs and tackle bags and if some weight is over the wheel, it is easy to push and is almost weightless. The best bit however is it comes with a cover so I just keep on my side table what I need and the rest is left on/ in the barrow and protected from the elements. I won't go back. It's a well made piece of kit.

nottskev

Reaction score
I wish I could find the ideal solution. I have tried: several standard trolleys; a battery powered trolley ( I believe they were going to make it in concrete but found a metal that was heavier); a Daiwa platform trolley the size of a small pool table; a Boss platform trolley with a fold up footplate; attaching wheels and barrow handles direct to the box frame, solid wheels, pneumatic tyres..........None passed all the tests of being easy to push/pull, fit for different ground, easy to balance the load, quick to put up and down and not taking up half the room in the car. My shed's a trolley graveyard.

I dream of having made for me a platform/barrow in some expensive light alloy, perforated or some skeletal design, no wider than my seatbox and a lip at sides and back to hold it in place, just enough room in front of the box for feet in a comfortable position, fitting flat in the boot, box in place, handles bent to a nice height, the option to slot in underneath either a single wheel or closely set double wheel depending on where I'm going.

In fact, a brilliant way to get my gear to my swim is about the only bit of tackle I'm short of.

I

Reaction score
As i've said many times,I use a Penrose trolley,it's old hat now as they don't make them that size anymore,only available now in two larger sizes,though it's of steel construction,when pushing it,it is light,even with all my kit on board,it's available in one,two,three and four wheel configurations,I wheel mine across faithful fields witu relative short grase,,up to six inches,if it's thick mud it's a no-no,but I strap,chairs,ruckies,bait,buckets,boxes,or carryalls to it and,though hard work over the worse terrain,its better than carrying the shit,my 82 year old mate bought the smallest one they do now about two years ago,after years of me saying that it would help him,he wouldn't be without it now....

nottskev

Reaction score
Just out of interest, I looked at the Penrose website. No details of the platforms themselves such as pics, dimensions and weights, only spares and accessories, and a page saying everything's out of stock but prices will be going up in August.

Reaction score
Mmmmm,keep an eye out Kev,they went out of business a few years ago I believe,but when my mate got his the guy was ill,nobody knows how old he is,or how is health is...

wavodavo

Reaction score
Thank you for all your feedback and input guys. Luckily for me, most of the places I fish don't have rough terrain, even in the winter time. I didn't know whether to go for a push of pull type and I thought that the festival type would fold down nicely in the car. Half the time the trolley would be for when by brother comes along! He has a big match style seat box and x2 rod holdalls. I think the festival trolley wouldn't hold his box as it would be too big but would suit me down to the ground with only a padded wall unhooking mat that I chuck bit in anyway, 6ft rod holdall and a small seat box which I want to ditch for a rucksack/carryall anyway. Penrose looks good just to bung everything on and strap it all down but again it getting it in the car.

GT56

Reaction score
As I've got older my desire for lighter tackle and parking with a extremely short walk to my peg has gradually become an obsession and at times almost a necessity. I've owned all manor of trolleys and thanks to nottskev excellent LOL post, I'll avoid going electric.

From my experience over the years you need a single wheeler for rough ground and a four wheeler will go nicely along flat ground. Unfortunately both versions have to be unloaded, assembled and loaded with your tackle and obviously in the reverse order when you finished your session.

However, my 100% preferred trolley is the maggoty van parked right behind my peg.