trottingdowntheriver

theartist

Reaction score
Here's my blog if anyone's interested, It's quite new and a work in progress as I basically wanted to have some new (and old) stories immortalised in print for future generations to think........What an idiot :D

It's Just a bit of fun and all about not taking fishing too seriously, it features some articles that you may have seen on here with added content and will feature many more in the future that'll do anyway even if it gets very few views.

trottingdowntheriver

mikench

Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed your blog Rob. Erudite and amusing with some excellent photos. Well done for writing it and thanks. I might be tempted to do one myself although far more mundane in scale and results. :)

theartist

Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed your blog Rob. Erudite and amusing with some excellent photos. Well done for writing it and thanks. I might be tempted to do one myself although far more mundane in scale and results. :)
Thanks Mike but it isn't about what you catch, more about the laughs along the way, I'm just out there to show you don't need the best gear or the best rivers to have a good time

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Great stuff, Rob. Brought back some memories for me as I used to fish the Gade at Croxley back in the day. That Sherman is one beast of a gudjin....I have seen an even bigger one ( very much bigger) but sadly I wasn't lucky enough to catch it. That was many,many years ago now though.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Brings a whole new meaning to match fishing! Thanks for sharing, very enjoyable. Here’s the thing, do I use a Bryant and May or a Swan Vestas? ?

mikench

Reaction score
Great blog Rob and a well written and fascinating method. I have a match float( bought) but never used it . I shall endeavour to do so soon.

theartist

Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement guys. Here's the latest offerings for this month

More mucking about with a matchstick and that roach Whitty has been on about all season....
trottingdowntheriver - Matchstick Magic and The Big Roach Pt1

A sequel so bad Vin Diesel turned it down......
trottingdowntheriver - Matchstick Magic and The Big Roach Pt2

Plus a trip to the coast involving massive Bass and Mullet and tiny boats although I may have got that round the wrong way ;)
trottingdowntheriver - Down On The Docks

Reaction score
Good reading that Rob,no wonder you lost your hair,pulling it out at that roach,i'm at it now,infuriating,beautiful creature that it is...

mikench

Reaction score
I've been very remiss Rob and more fool me by missing your recent blogs. I blame the fact they are at the end of all the various threads and not the beginning where they deserve to be. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every one and your inimitable style of writing. They are very well written, humorous and entertaining, factual and informative so many thanks for taking the trouble to write them.

How many slices of Mississippi mud pie would you like? :)

theartist

Reaction score
I've been very remiss Rob and more fool me by missing your recent blogs. I blame the fact they are at the end of all the various threads and not the beginning where they deserve to be. I thoroughly enjoyed each and every one and your inimitable style of writing. They are very well written, humorous and entertaining, factual and informative so many thanks for taking the trouble to write them.

How many slices of Mississippi mud pie would you like? :)

Thanks mate (y)(y)

bullet

Reaction score
Nice blog, Rob.
Interesting, well written articles. I particularly like the 100 rivers!